Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

You guys should totaly make an "Endless Card Game"

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Sep 1, 2014, 8:39:09 PM
Hello,

i would love to see you guys making a Card game, you have a nice Lore, Factions and i can see that you love making games with heart.

Sadly there are not many good card games out there that are not Pay 2 Win, i really looking for one that gives you the cards when you buy the game or that lets you unlock them without paying thousands of dollars extra after you bought the game itself or something like that.

I would also like to see features like leveling cards or another way to improve them like with skills or equip and the game should more focus on coop and PvE. (there are way to many bad pay2win pvp card games imo)

What do you guys think, would you be interessted in such a thing?

Edit: 2nd attempt of a card ^^

0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 1, 2014, 9:34:32 PM
I've been scribbling notes to turn Dungeon of the Endless into a boardgame.

I could see an Endless CCG, but only in digital form. But as you pointed out, I'd have no interest of spending all my cash buying booster packs.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 1, 2014, 10:04:42 PM
Yes i was thinking about a digital game (irl i have MTG ^^)

Also i think it should more focus on PvE instead of PvP.

Coop Gamemodes with Dungeons and Loot.

Overlord Mode 1v 2 or 4.

Attack the Hyrda like Gamemode (MTG) -> Boss Fights?!

It could have features like leveling your cards (like it was possible in BattleForge)

And so on! ^^

There is much i could think of. smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 2, 2014, 1:18:34 AM
I'd been kicking around ideas for an Endless Space board or card game for a while, but haven't yet found anything that strikes the right balance of depths and simplicity.

I'd love a card game set in the Endless universe, especially if they took the opportunity to carry a little more of their lore across to players. However, I'd suggest a Living Card Game format instead of the traditional Collectible Card Game: A LCG format of FantasyFlightGames offers the same deck-building experience as games like Magic: The Gathering or Hearthstone, but all their card packs have a fixed list and include the full number of copies of each card you are allowed to have in a deck at once, allowing you to make an informed decision rather than wasting money on luck of the draw.

If it were a digital release, however, I'd love to see it as a simple stand-alone release with a one-time purchase, with perhaps minor costs for DLC later.

That said, Dungeon of the Endless could make a great solo or co-op standalone game. I'll have to think about that for a while to see if I can come up with any basic gameplay concepts.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 2, 2014, 9:19:52 AM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:
I'd been kicking around ideas for an Endless Space board or card game for a while, but haven't yet found anything that strikes the right balance of depths and simplicity.

I'd love a card game set in the Endless universe, especially if they took the opportunity to carry a little more of their lore across to players. However, I'd suggest a Living Card Game format instead of the traditional Collectible Card Game: A LCG format of FantasyFlightGames offers the same deck-building experience as games like Magic: The Gathering or Hearthstone, but all their card packs have a fixed list and include the full number of copies of each card you are allowed to have in a deck at once, allowing you to make an informed decision rather than wasting money on luck of the draw.

If it were a digital release, however, I'd love to see it as a simple stand-alone release with a one-time purchase, with perhaps minor costs for DLC later.

That said, Dungeon of the Endless could make a great solo or co-op standalone game. I'll have to think about that for a while to see if I can come up with any basic gameplay concepts.

I would like it to be digital because of that you can add better features like leveling cards, Skills, Equip, Gems, Runes or whatever ^^

You also could easily the Recources the Endless series has:

Dust -> Card cost, Food -> Leveling Cards, Science -> for Research or something like that down the line ^^

The game also should have a fair "Mana System" like Hearthstone has, so noone gets screwed because of it.

I also would gladly pay 5-15$ for a new Edition as DLC, if you would get all cards with it/the possibility to unlock them all.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 2, 2014, 10:56:07 AM
Mansen wrote:
That flavourtext... just... no lol

sorry i couldnt help myself :O ^^

edit: changed it now for a more serious version smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 2, 2014, 8:49:27 PM
Odai wrote:
I would like it to be digital because of that you can add better features like leveling cards, Skills, Equip, Gems, Runes or whatever ^^

You also could easily the Recources the Endless series has:

Dust -> Card cost, Food -> Leveling Cards, Science -> for Research or something like that down the line ^^

The game also should have a fair "Mana System" like Hearthstone has, so noone gets screwed because of it.

I also would gladly pay 5-15$ for a new Edition as DLC, if you would get all cards with it/the possibility to unlock them all.

Many of those features would be quite possible in a physical card game, but they'd be hell to keep track of. The big advantages of a digital release are tooltips (which provide a lot more room for text than physical cards could), convenient book-keeping of numerous small elements, and being able to run complex calculations in the background. However, some people just prefer the physical, tangible cards.

I'm with you on the mana system, though. I've played Magic for years (and stopped buying new cards years ago) and I always despised getting landlocked by drawing too few or too many land cards. Then I tried out Hearthstone, Android: Netrunner, and the Call of Cthulhu LCG, all of which try to work around resources being dependent on luck of the draw, some more successfully than others.

In my opinion, DotE doesn't lend itself well to a CCG-style game, though. A boxed game that contains several pre-made decks (for example dungeon, mobs, loot, research) may work better here.

Endless Legend and Endless Space are a different matter, of course. As I said, I'd been thinking about an Endless Space card game for a while, but I could not yet find the right balance of straightforward, manageable game mechanics and capturing some of the features of Endless Space (the combat, the system-wide control, exploration, anomalies), especially not without turning it into a bunch of pre-made decks or a board game.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 3, 2014, 2:02:51 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:
Many of those features would be quite possible in a physical card game, but they'd be hell to keep track of. The big advantages of a digital release are tooltips (which provide a lot more room for text than physical cards could), convenient book-keeping of numerous small elements, and being able to run complex calculations in the background. However, some people just prefer the physical, tangible cards.

I'm with you on the mana system, though. I've played Magic for years (and stopped buying new cards years ago) and I always despised getting landlocked by drawing too few or too many land cards. Then I tried out Hearthstone, Android: Netrunner, and the Call of Cthulhu LCG, all of which try to work around resources being dependent on luck of the draw, some more successfully than others.

In my opinion, DotE doesn't lend itself well to a CCG-style game, though. A boxed game that contains several pre-made decks (for example dungeon, mobs, loot, research) may work better here.

Endless Legend and Endless Space are a different matter, of course. As I said, I'd been thinking about an Endless Space card game for a while, but I could not yet find the right balance of straightforward, manageable game mechanics and capturing some of the features of Endless Space (the combat, the system-wide control, exploration, anomalies), especially not without turning it into a bunch of pre-made decks or a board game.

Jeah true, that would be a mess to keep track of everything and all the counting would jsut slow down the game or make it to boring with all the calculating. ^^

Do you maybe know the Card Game Shadow Era? In that game you can sacrifice each turn a card from you hand to increase your mana pool by 1, and like in hearthstone you then have each round that pool again to play cards. So you have to choose which cards to sacrifice in order to get a higher mana pool.

I think the fantasy theme of Endless Legend would be a perfect fit, the thing to figure out would be the type of the cardgame.

Do you want a Card Game like MTG or more like Scrolls (the one from mojang) or something complete new.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 4, 2014, 7:16:32 PM
As a long time fan of Magic the Gathering and many other CCGs, all I have to say is - YES, PLEASE! smiley: biggrin

...but only in digital format :3
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 4, 2014, 7:41:50 PM
Odai wrote:
Jeah true, that would be a mess to keep track of everything and all the counting would jsut slow down the game or make it to boring with all the calculating. ^^

Do you maybe know the Card Game Shadow Era? In that game you can sacrifice each turn a card from you hand to increase your mana pool by 1, and like in hearthstone you then have each round that pool again to play cards. So you have to choose which cards to sacrifice in order to get a higher mana pool.

I think the fantasy theme of Endless Legend would be a perfect fit, the thing to figure out would be the type of the cardgame.

Do you want a Card Game like MTG or more like Scrolls (the one from mojang) or something complete new.

Yeah, I know of Shadow Era. I played it briefly to check it out, but it didn't quite grab my attention.

As for the card game vs. tiles/hexes vs something completely new discussion, I'm not yet sure. I'll be thinking about it, but I won't get around to seriously working on it for the next two weeks. Work getting in the way.

If I can think of anything worthwhile, I'll probably create a Vassal or LackeyCCG module for testing purposes. And if testing is a success, anybody with actual programming skill would be free to create a proper game with it. Ideally, of course, with AI opponents.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 5, 2014, 11:35:32 AM
One "Card Game" that i really loved was BattleForge and the Scenarios it had, you could do them alone or with a party. And it was really fun to test out new decks (creature/spell/building combinations) and to do the Missions to collect stuff to upgrade your cards. smiley: smile

Maybe that would be the way to go with such a game?

- scenario/storyline

- random maps/missiones in different difficulties

- dungeons and bosses

- research for equipment

- earning materials from missions to create/upgrade cards and equipment

Would be hard to test such a concept, but BattleForge worked, so making a BattleForge game with other stuff improvements doesnt sound bad at all. ^^
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment