Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

NO to a EA buyout!!!!!!

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:32:59 PM
drewitt wrote:
Don't even get me started on UBI-shaft! EA is pretty bad as well, but IMHO if UBI were the only one left- TIME FOR A NEW HOBBY!

i regret my purchase of anno 2070. The ubi launcher is terrible and sometimes it bugs out with repeated disconnects. It was my first and final purchase of a ubisoft product.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:34:17 PM
Mechanos wrote:
i regret my purchase of anno 2070. The ubi launcher is terrible and sometimes it bugs out with repeated disconnects. It was my first and final purchase of a ubisoft product.

Their launcher and DRM is purely made to bother people...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 8:12:17 PM
EA's a bunch of ******** out to ruin gaming, buying up anyone they don't like just to crush them. If they don't sell, they find another way to either make them sell or put them out of business. We need more independent devs out there doing things right. Here's a good start.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 8:17:22 PM
EA is one of those publishers that eats companies and sucks all the creativity out of them. Amplitude, not only should you stay indie, but please keep Games2Gether going...it's a brilliant idea.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 9:01:37 PM
The developers sadly don't have independence and that's why they need publishers.Publishers look for advertisment and finance and they care about how much the game sells,not how good it is.They give really short deadlines to the developer teams and so the games get rushed and on release are nothing more than pieces of shit and,certainly,not something the devs themselves really wanted.That is what is going to keep happening with the exclusions being independent developers.

btw,don't isolate EA,there are other companies who are just as bad
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 2:20:02 PM
i hate EA, it has corrupt all games that it touch and all companys that it eat. Amplitude, good luck and i hope that your will be long live
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 6:45:17 PM
EA was just OK for me before. Neither bad nor good, just OK...till they decided to FPS-ize Syndicate. That did it, now they're in my bad books. Never touching a single EA product any more.

...and don't get me started on Zynga...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2012, 4:47:51 AM
I think that it would probably be a bad thing to get bought out by some larger company that just wants you to make money.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 20, 2012, 5:53:22 AM
Ive heard several studios that were "no we wont be bought out"... but as the saying goes that if the price is right everything is for sale... ^^

Most ppl here have however worked at the big ones and hence most likely would be less inclined to take a step backwards once they have achieved more individual freedom (except possibly the programmers that are kept under more locks and bars than before but with more access to pizza and a completely sunproof environment.

Still that doesnt mean we cant wish for it to remain as it is.
0Send private message
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 20, 2012, 7:29:41 AM
Well, considering the way some great game franchises got massacred through EA ( *cough* DA2 *cough*)... can understand the feeling
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 20, 2012, 7:39:51 AM
also add Syndicate FPS to their list od crimes, and Origin spying on you, they even managed to put microtransactions into Mass Effect multiplayer
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 20, 2012, 7:40:26 AM
Just DA2? Oy...there's a lot more to that. IMHO, ME2 and ME3 both got hit with EA corruption.

And all those other studios EA bought. Bullfrog...Origins..et.c.... *sigh*
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 20, 2012, 7:40:56 AM
Most big publishers does this. Both Ubi and Ea. The bigger they are the crappier the games it seems.

It all boils down to the same general thingy. The devs loose control of the developmentprocess to the finance-ppl and since they lack the proper understanding of how to release a proper software it all goes... yeah well we have all seen the results.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 20, 2012, 7:56:14 AM
Let's just add the Ubisoft Launcher to the list of atrocities. Maintenance on weekend and no full gameplay while you can't reach the login servers. Just another "great" idea how to make gamers' lives more miserable without actually making the games worse.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 20, 2012, 8:30:05 AM
-I dont think this guys left there job in a big company just to be bought back to a new big comapny daming lots of stuff. it would supprise me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2012, 6:24:41 PM
It is not only the large companies that launch games that are not ready. Firaxis has done it, but they may be considered large. KB did it with SoTs II and you can find plenty of examples. Only company that comes to mind that seems to have a solid record is Blizzard.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2012, 7:40:16 PM
vmxa wrote:
Only company that comes to mind that seems to have a solid record is Blizzard.

Blizzard has a strong track-record, but I believe it's largely because Activision, the publisher (actually, Vivendi owns Activision, so Vivendi is the real publisher), doesn't directly interfere. Blizzard exists as a separate entity from Activision, with independent management. I think Blizzard's past success also gives them some leverage. Hopefully, Blizzard will be able to continue producing games without much influence from the publisher.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment