Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

endless space or endless legend?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 12:03:35 AM
Hello, just heard that those 2 games are good turn based strategy games. I like both fantasy and science fiction which one would you recommend? Most important for me is a game that is the opposite of being mechanical: immersion, factions with different personalities and abilities, a real world(or galaxy). It is like the difference between EU4 and CK2, the first is mechanical and the second is personal.

If you have played both which one would you recommend most(or none at all)?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 12:08:47 AM
In terms of immersion, Endless Legend is far ahead of Endless Space. Every faction plays differently and there are well-narrated faction main quests. So if immersion is your priority and you're just on the verge of buying either, buy Endless Legend. smiley: wink

I'd recommend looking at a few let's plays in any case, before you buy something, though. It helps you to judge the game better, to see if it suits your needs. Comparing it to CK2, there's not really espionage and the depth of the diplomacy, too, is rather shallow. On the other hand, the mechanics per faction are different, there is the backstory (if you choose to follow it) and the world is a lot more beautiful than the rather just pragmatic maps of the paradox games you mentioned.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 12:11:34 AM
I played both and enjoyed them both (and even modded them both smiley: stickouttongue)

I would tell you to buy EL as it is actually a better game and with a better immersion smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 1:26:14 AM
Well, EL has equal amounts of personality and mechanical depth. ES on the other hand has mostly mechanical depth.

I like ES better because I am more of a sci fi guy, but to you I recommend EL smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 2:05:30 PM
I would frankly recommend to play both games. Start with Endless Space and if you habe played enough continue with Endless Legend. Personally I prefer Endless Legend because I really like the artwork and soundtrack.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 2:34:22 PM
I would say Endless Legend is more mature game. More user friendly, but not that bug free. On the other side Endless Space is really polished. And both have great ideas, perfect soundtrack and awesome gameplay.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 4:24:35 PM
Both!

Endless Space is in space.

Endless Legend in on Auriga.

If you are uncertain, I have a suggestion: wait for a sale to grab them, or.... join us on eXPlorminate.com and on steam (same name for the group). We're running a giveaway this month for Amplitude games. Endless Space/Legend and as a bonus DotE. We'll be making an announcement within a day or two giving more specific details than what we already put up on our steam group. Come check us out (shameless plug).
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 11:40:05 PM
Thanks all for your advice, endless legend seems indeed the best game for me it is now downloading on steam. I shall later post my impressions here.

Nasarog wrote:
Both!

Endless Space is in space.

Endless Legend in on Auriga.

If you are uncertain, I have a suggestion: wait for a sale to grab them, or.... join us on eXPlorminate.com and on steam (same name for the group). We're running a giveaway this month for Amplitude games. Endless Space/Legend and as a bonus DotE. We'll be making an announcement within a day or two giving more specific details than what we already put up on our steam group. Come check us out (shameless plug).

I just checked your website and I completely agree with your beyond earth review, I really regret spending 50€ on that badly balanced mod. When I compare this to the kind of gems I have paid the same amount for like Crusader Knights 2, skyrim, civ 5 or even rome 2(it was released too early but it is good now) then do I feel bad.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2014, 1:25:03 AM
kolpo wrote:
Thanks all for your advice, endless legend seems indeed the best game for me it is now downloading on steam. I shall later post my impressions here.

I just checked your website and I completely agree with your beyond earth review, I really regret spending 50€ on that badly balanced mod. When I compare this to the kind of gems I have paid the same amount for like Crusader Knights 2, skyrim, civ 5 or even rome 2(it was released too early but it is good now) then do I feel bad.

Yea, Devildog, was pretty angry with CIV:BE. Me, not so much. It's not that I expected this... I did, it's that I remember CIV5 at release, and CIV4, and CIV3, and CIV2, and yea... Not the best track record. Then there is the XCOM:EU/EW release... I love CIV5, and the XCOM games, but BE.. I'll wait. I'm not excited about it.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2014, 5:48:34 PM
Nasarog wrote:
Yea, Devildog, was pretty angry with CIV:BE. Me, not so much. It's not that I expected this... I did, it's that I remember CIV5 at release, and CIV4, and CIV3, and CIV2, and yea... Not the best track record. Then there is the XCOM:EU/EW release... I love CIV5, and the XCOM games, but BE.. I'll wait. I'm not excited about it.

Not angry, but just really disappointed.

Thanks, Kolpo. We hope to see you in the group and on the site!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2014, 8:34:34 PM
You should do a playthrough and comparison video sometime - Show Firaxis what works and what doesn't. lol
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 7, 2014, 3:51:50 PM
Endless promotion instead. Keep your eyes open for it... coming soon from your friends (us) at eXplorminate.com
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 7, 2014, 10:11:43 PM
My first impressions of this game are good. The main quest helps a lot with immersing you in the factions. The endless cult really feels different then the wind walkers(I have played with those 2 factions), the cult quest to destroy the capital in some random region and the story of the captive that gets slowly brainwashed really set the mood for them. The gameplay is also different between those 2 factions, with the cult was in the beginning the sale of minor faction units my prime source of dust for example. Endless legend it's combat system also allows tactical 1 unit tile combat without the logistical nightmare this creates in civ 5. But I hope that they shall later make the diplomacy text faction specific, this could add to immersion.

After my current Cult game shall I play with the mages, I fought against them in the beginning of my cult game and I liked their units and spell effects.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 17, 2014, 3:23:30 PM
monkeynaut wrote:
I would frankly recommend to play both games. Start with Endless Space and if you habe played enough continue with Endless Legend. Personally I prefer Endless Legend because I really like the artwork and soundtrack.

I'd recommend the other way around actually. Endless Legend is far less confusing, but the similar mechanics help explain Space a fair bit. Though admittedly it can be hard to go back and notice the lack of handy features like being able to retrofit units by selecting them.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment