Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Sid Meier's Starships

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 19, 2015, 8:08:53 PM
The more, the merrier, but I'll have to take a wait and see attitude on this one. The trailers on these things generally show the best part of the game/movie/whatever. It looks ok, but not spectacular.

With Galactic Civilizations 3 due out soon, the hope for a minor Endless Space upgrade and stuff like Stardrive 2 in the works, there are enough games to fill the void until Starships can prove itself.

I might wait until a game of the year version comes out.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 19, 2015, 9:18:04 PM
I didn't see any game-play footage in that trailer, did you? It was 100% voice over, also your link is broken.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 19, 2015, 10:54:19 PM
3vilTwin wrote:
The more, the merrier, but I'll have to take a wait and see attitude on this one. The trailers on these things generally show the best part of the game/movie/whatever. It looks ok, but not spectacular.

With Galactic Civilizations 3 due out soon, the hope for a minor Endless Space upgrade and stuff like Stardrive 2 in the works, there are enough games to fill the void until Starships can prove itself.

I might wait until a game of the year version comes out.

Oh shit i didnt knew Galciv III is in development.

There goes my free time. I can remember when i spent aboout 10 hours to make a 5000 pieces Super Star Destroyer in the ship editor in Galciv II.

BTW: yeah link is broken.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 20, 2015, 2:12:55 PM
Cautiously intrigued.

After Beyond Earth I don't have a ton of trust in the studio or even ole' Sid anymore.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 20, 2015, 2:31:34 PM
Mansen wrote:
Cautiously intrigued.

After Beyond Earth I don't have a ton of trust in the studio or even ole' Sid anymore.

Nope... but I've got the feeling that Sid himself is much more involved with this project than Beyond Earth. My guess is also that Beyond Earth tried to play it safe in many ways, that it was a bunch of younger developers who was a bit lorded over by older executives. Just the feeling I got from videos and interviews.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 20, 2015, 3:17:34 PM
Looks interesting.

I get the impression from the screenshots that this one is going to be much lighter than Civ/Civ:BE/Endless Space . Managing a (single?) fleet, building ships, tactical battles and fulfilling missions.

Looking forward to it.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 20, 2015, 7:02:09 PM
Mansen wrote:
Cautiously intrigued.

Yeah, this looks like two shameless cash-grabs in a row. Is Sid getting ready to retire?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 27, 2015, 2:44:27 AM
Well BE does, at the very least, have potential.

I think Beyond Earth will be OK after a few patches. It's AI needs a lot of work. When it first came out you basically couldn't lose.

They are already working on balance and bugs.

>.> This is kind of their track record and business model though if you think back to CiV5' release... Didn't hold up to the classics, but it got better with time and eventually did garner acclaim.

Might be worth coming back to after a few patches. Or an expansion---Not quite sure it'll ever get one, however.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 30, 2015, 7:59:04 PM
I hope CIV:BE will get more content to fix it. I am liking SM'S Starships.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment