Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Multiplayer, in another game, problems. (Starbound)

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jan 31, 2015, 8:53:03 AM
Anyone have the game Starbound on steam? tried multiplayer?

Just the other day Starbound had a big update, and so I thought I'd try to play it for a while.

And it works better than before, great and all that,

but when I tried to set up a multiplayer session for a friend and me to play together then...

I don't rememeber how on earth I managed to get it to work all those months ago on my old computer

and so I can't get it to work now.

has anyone else had any trouble of this kind and managed to solve it?

would you like to share your tips and tricks?

I can already say I've read a few guids - and have come to the conclusion that I'm an idiot and don't know what they're saying.

so If you are good at explaining things and have some patience we'll all be happier.

either way, have a good day folks.

// Rancor
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 1, 2015, 5:57:20 PM
As it turns out - a solution was found.

though it will only work for the computers in our household - a Lan network or something , what do I know.

perhaps that was the reason it didn't work with the usual method everyone was writing about?

Either way, no port forwarding neccessary. yay.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 1, 2015, 6:50:09 PM
I don't know enough about your specific problem to offer a solution - But port forwarding (or the lack there of) is usually the culprit. Although I could swear that Starbound uses Steamworks multiplayer, which should be automatically routed by most hardware in this day and age if I recall correctly.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 21, 2015, 4:12:09 PM
You should look into Evolve. It allows you to play starbound with your internet friends as well. port forwarding should work too, but Evolve is simpler.

Here's the link www.evolvehq.com

Although, out of curiosity, why not ask on the chucklefish forums? :P
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 24, 2016, 6:35:05 AM

oh. right their forum... well no matter. thanks for the tips (ages after I got it) but at least now that the game has been released it's functioning good.

If any moderators see this you may close the discussion with my blessing. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment