logo amplifiers simplified

O.o New Guy, Bold New Idea o.O

YES
NO
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
May 6, 2015, 12:44:40 AM
Well judging by the title of this post I'd gues it's safe to say I'm new here. I'm also new to the world of Amplitude which I hate to say I'm just now finding out about. Strategy games are and always will be the best. Anyways, it's nice to be here, it looks like this place is fairly active at all hours of the day from any point in the world and thanks for having me in the community! Now thats enough of that...

If anyone has any photoshop questions/concerns/requests please send them my way. smiley: biggrin

With that said, this is the first forum I've been on in all my years where not everyone is allowed to have pictures in the signatures. I would like to change that here. I know I've already been told the possibility of this coming of age is infinitesimally bad. However, if I could somehow change this I would gladly open up a thread to take signature requests and so on and so forth, avatars as well hopefully. My goal with this idea is to create a more pleasant looking forum and to let individuals express themselves through art. Also, if this idea goes through the images will have a crucial size restriction (most likely 400x200 or 350x200 pixels) and content will not include any suggestive themes, mature content, drugs or alcohol references and so on and so forth.

My signature portfolio (YEARS of work here...)

All said and done I look forward to progressing here and most of all beating you all in Endless Legend. ;P lol
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 6, 2015, 8:07:23 AM
Get out of here Stalker!

In all seriousness though - I block image signatures these days. They are usually too big, too obnoxious and makes no use of transparency.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 6, 2015, 8:37:36 AM
Lol, I've been a member on photoshop (gfx) forums for years and still am for a few. My maximum signature size for any request is 400x200 pixels which isn't big at all, and thats 400 horizontally. smiley: wink As far as transparency, thats beyond easy to work with/around. I take pride in my artwork so if transparency is a concern it shouldn't be any longer. :P

Examples...

None because BBcodes don't want to cooperate right now. -_-
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 6, 2015, 10:29:43 AM
I haven't done signatures in years - Used to be pretty proficient with Photoshop back in my teens though. Back when everyone needed a cool signature on every forum. Yours remind me greatly of those days, taking stock photo from games and series and applying filters and brushes - maybe cutting them up a bit to add some transparency.

Only have a handful of old project files left it seems - bit sad. smiley: frown

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1hk877182oy34io/AAAxqIiiMQ1_YLNQXTm6XgLya?dl=0

(I've always been a fan of short and wide rather than box shaped sigs. Less instrusive to forum reading in general.)
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 6, 2015, 10:55:31 AM
I've been doing signatures for about 11 years now, not as much as when I started but still. I mainly do bigger pieces now, like full blown artworks. lol I've been a graphics/design admin/mod on a bunch of sites including gaming forums, gaming clan forums. I love doing it! Photoshop is my relaxation after work most nights. And I like short and wide tags too... if the content is presented correctly. Sometimes it's hard to get everything you want to showoff in a tag thats only 100p tal. lol
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 6, 2015, 12:58:31 PM
Hello there! smiley: smile

It's a good idea but unfortunately, we will have to moderate this content. smiley: sad At the beginning, we did not allow the signatures in order to keep a visual coherence inside the Amplitude forum, in the colors that we use and even the avatars (all from our games).
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 6, 2015, 1:56:10 PM
I could monitor people's signatures and avatars. And not to sound overzealous with my next question but whats wrong with having different colors all over the forums? That seems to be overstepping creative boundaries a little too much... to me anways.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 8, 2015, 5:11:16 PM
I don't really feel like this forum needs signatures with pictures in, all it does is distract people.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 8, 2015, 11:36:25 PM
I like the idea of signatures and avatars, being a photoshop junkie myself.

But if don't get them it wouldn't be the end of the world!

Also. I recognize those lyrics! Starset!
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 11, 2015, 11:37:39 PM
Well, it was worth a shot. lol Thanks for all the feedback guys! smiley: smile And BMTH is the best. I'm getting those lyrics tattooed on my ribs in two weeks. :P
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment