Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Anyone seen "MASSIVE CHALICE"?

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
May 31, 2015, 11:25:59 AM
Look at steam at MASSIVE CHALICE and tell me they didnt stole pretty much everything exept their game idear from amplitude games... :/

so sad.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 31, 2015, 12:04:01 PM
I don't really see the resemblance - If you're trying to argue that one can put a monopoly on a style of art, you're pretty far out. It's not like Amplitude were the first ones to do cellshaded like terrain with very basic geometric shapes.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 31, 2015, 12:50:17 PM
Yep. I don't see the resemblance either... @Odai : why do you think that? Or are you one of Massive Chalice's devs trying to get attention to the game? smiley: wink
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 31, 2015, 2:13:46 PM
Really? how cant you not see the similarities?

The whole artstyle and the interface and menu's look pretty much 1:1 like Endless legend/Dungeon of the endless.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 31, 2015, 2:52:09 PM
I've got to agree with Mansen and abmpicoli; I really can't see the similarities. Outside of both having a colorful palette (which is hardly a unique trait) and the Deployment screen looking sort of like the diplomacy screen, there really doesn't seem to be that much that these two have in common, at least from what's shown on the Steam page.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 31, 2015, 9:29:07 PM
It just looks like they're also using the Unity game engine, most Unity games have similar menus.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 1, 2015, 6:35:46 PM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
It just looks like they're also using the Unity game engine, most Unity games have similar menus.

Erm... Developers make their own menus. Unity doesn't magically generate entire interfaces. smiley: smile
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 2, 2015, 2:42:53 AM
Is this a troll post?

If you are serious, I'd have to say you'd need to buy and play massive chalice to see the differences which are pretty massive(haha). There is only one race in MC, monster design there are a few monsters in MC that are similar to DotE monsters but there is no one thing you can really point at and say, they obviously copied that. None of the concepts in the game are similar either. There is an aesthetic to most Unity games that kind of make them feel similar, but saying MC is like DotE or EL is like saying, the upcoming game "The Mandate", is similar to "Ori and the Blind Forest" because they both use unity3D.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 3, 2015, 10:02:13 AM
Mansen wrote:
Erm... Developers make their own menus. Unity doesn't magically generate entire interfaces. smiley: smile

I'm just going on the fact that all the games I've seen that use Unity (that I know about) have menus very similar menus. TBF its an easy assumption to make :P

EDIT: You're certainly right, just took a quick tour of Unity. Never even tried to use a game engine to develop something before so the more you know.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment