Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The inter-connectivity of Amplitude's games

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 12:24:32 AM
First of all I apologise if this isn't so offtopic as to be worthy of the offtopic section since it does still relate to ES, EL and DotE.

So far I have played both Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless(with plans on playing Endless Space when money is available) and I have to say I love how the games are inter-connected and take place in the same universe. Auriga the planet(to my knowledge) appears within the Endless Space game itself, it is where the ship crash lands in Dungeon of the Endless and the setting of Endless Legend. The Vaulters we know appear as a faction in both Endless Legend and Endless Space. Dust is a resource in all the games(Ok, I'm taking a logical leap of faith and assuming it's a resource in Endless Space, don't hold me to it) and as a final piece of inter-connectivity OpBot is a character in both Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless.

Was that a bit of a rant? Yes it was. Do I want to see other pieces of inter-connectivity that you've found? Well yes, I feel I wouldn't be posting this if I didn't. Should I stop answering my own questions now? Probably.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 7:57:58 AM
Opbot is also in Endless Space smiley: wink

Other pieces?

Hikensha, a character in Dungeon of the Endless is a Hissho, a race in Endless Space.

Personally I also suspect that the Necrophages of Endless Legend evolved to become the Cravers of Endless Space.

edit: and if you need some 50% steam vouchers for endless space and disharmony, let me know. I have a spare set left over. (though I'll be out of town for a couple of days)
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 10:52:14 AM
melkathi wrote:
Opbot is also in Endless Space smiley: wink

Other pieces?

Hikensha, a character in Dungeon of the Endless is a Hissho, a race in Endless Space.

Personally I also suspect that the Necrophages of Endless Legend evolved to become the Cravers of Endless Space.

edit: and if you need some 50% steam vouchers for endless space and disharmony, let me know. I have a spare set left over. (though I'll be out of town for a couple of days)

Just looking at the Cravers I'd say you're right.

As for the voucher I really appreciate the offer, but I got the founder's addition in both case, so I too have spares smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 11:11:46 AM
melkathi wrote:

The Necros aren't exactly insectoids in Legend are they though? Seems like something pretty dramatic has happened to them to do such a shift in species.

Edit: On second look, some of their troops certainly have some insectoid-like features. Looks like they've experimented with cross-species mixing to make themselves more efficient. Definitely a contender for Craver predecessors. smiley: redface
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 12:03:04 PM
Mansen wrote:
The Necros aren't exactly insectoids in Legend are they though? Seems like something pretty dramatic has happened to them to do such a shift in species.

Edit: On second look, some of their troops certainly have some insectoid-like features. Looks like they've experimented with cross-species mixing to make themselves more efficient. Definitely a contender for Craver predecessors. smiley: redface

In Legned the Necros can be described as 'undead insects' as they live in hives and as you said they exhibit some insect like body parts and functions
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 6, 2014, 5:41:23 AM
What I enjoyed was listening to the necrophage intro while reading the craver background. Should of course also work the other way round. Thats when you realy get the feel that they are one.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 10, 2014, 11:17:01 AM
melkathi wrote:
What I enjoyed was listening to the necrophage intro while reading the craver background. Should of course also work the other way round. Thats when you realy get the feel that they are one.

That stroke me as obvious just by seeing their picture. I wonder if some of the community made faction that get chosen can trace their decedents as well.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 10, 2014, 5:50:58 PM
The Necrophage might be a remnants, possibly, of the Cravers left on Auriga from the Dust Wars, but I doubt they become the full collective of the Cravers themselves. If anything, I'd think they are a sub-branch of the Cravers, or really just something entirely new.

Seeing as the Cravers were created long before any of the Endless games begin, anyway. Just my thoughts on the matter.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 17, 2016, 7:56:37 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
The Necrophage might be a remnants, possibly, of the Cravers left on Auriga from the Dust Wars, but I doubt they become the full collective of the Cravers themselves. If anything, I'd think they are a sub-branch of the Cravers, or really just something entirely new.

Seeing as the Cravers were created long before any of the Endless games begin, anyway. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Fairly certain that Endless Legend came first in chronological time for the games. The Necrophage ending also suggests that they become essentially Cravers with the whole "And they will look up to the stars and hunger" thing going on. And it is quite likely that if the Necrophages kill everything else and become dominant they might eventually find the labs as Auriga is described as essentially a hive of Endless laboratories networking its crust which they'd find and eventually ascend. Or maybe thy would just eventually ascend unaided into the stars. Although I believe that the Craver's backstory suggests they were tampered on by the Endless. Also I'd like to see what makes you think the Cravers were created long before any of the Endless games begin because I'm having trouble keeping the continuum of the Endless games straight, thanks
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 8, 2016, 12:10:11 PM
OrkzOrkzOrkz wrote:

Fairly certain that Endless Legend came first in chronological time for the games. The Necrophage ending also suggests that they become essentially Cravers with the whole "And they will look up to the stars and hunger" thing going on. And it is quite likely that if the Necrophages kill everything else and become dominant they might eventually find the labs as Auriga is described as essentially a hive of Endless laboratories networking its crust which they'd find and eventually ascend. Or maybe thy would just eventually ascend unaided into the stars. Although I believe that the Craver's backstory suggests they were tampered on by the Endless. Also I'd like to see what makes you think the Cravers were created long before any of the Endless games begin because I'm having trouble keeping the continuum of the Endless games straight, thanks

Well, the Cravers were created by the Endless, who killd each other in a Civil war thousands of years bevore any of the games.

Also i think the Necros could be a devolution of the cravers, that where possibly created on Auriga

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment