Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Wanting to start playing Endless Space 2

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jan 26, 2022, 11:06:35 AM

Hi, I was wanting to start getting into Endless Space 2. I was wondering whether that I've played a fair bit of Humankind will help me at all?

As many of you have probably played other Amplitude games, what advice would you give getting into Endless Space 2?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jan 26, 2022, 4:56:20 PM

It might help you because it's another 4X and you'll probably find some familiarities here and there. However, the two are different games and, while Humankind has an obvious historic background, ES2 Sci-fi theme gave a freedom to the devs that made it possible to explore other game designs. For example, ES2 has some « vanilla » factions but others differ quite massively and offer in many ways a different experience, the game has also an important quest system that gives narratives to keep you hooked, etc.

My best recommandation would be to dive in it without to much alien information, to explore it at your own pace without too much incentive from anywhere. I'd suggest to start with the base game and increment on it slowly. Just a small note : the last or two (even three for some) last expensions are controversial, I'd wait to know a bit of the game before making a purchase decision.

I wish you a very fun exploration of the game and its lore.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment