Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Fallout 2 - playing it two decades later

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
May 10, 2022, 9:56:42 AM

Back in the days I had never been able to complete Fallout 2 due to blocking bugs. Now we have all the patches and mods we need though, and 22 years after the release I reached the final cinematics. And WHAT A BLAST!

It motivated me to write an extensive review. Have you played it? Any feedback is very welcome.

0Send private message
2 years ago
May 10, 2022, 12:08:09 PM

Both Fallout and Fallout 2 are great games.  (And Tactics is even OK if you accept that it just follows a different design philosophy than 1-2...and give everyone on your Tactics squad sniper rifles.)  I was initially sort of sad to see Fallout basically turn into "Elder Scrolls with guns" starting with Fallout 3, but Bethesda's take on the franchise actually ended up being OK as well.

If you like "classic Fallout" and are looking for more games like it, then I would very highly recommend Underrail.  It's very similar to Fallout but even more massive.  I hear that the Wasteland series is good too (Fallout was sort of a spiritual successor to Wasteland 1), but I haven't played through any of the Wasteland games yet so can't say for sure how similar they are to Fallout.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment