Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

New 4x turn based game Ara: History Untold

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jun 13, 2022, 3:15:38 PM

Ara: History Untold is the new 4x turn based game which was announced during this year's Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase.

I'm really interested to see what new things it will bring to the grand strategy genre. According to the article on PCGamer, it is being developed by Oxide Games, a studio founded by Firaxis and EA veterans.

Trailer didn't show any gameplay, but it touches the idea of leading your culture from ancient times to modern era. Also, it is voiced by the Shohreh Aghdashloo!

So guys, what do you think about this game? What features would you like to see? Like I said, I'm really interested in this game. Looks like a worthy competitor to the Civilization, Humankind and the Old World!

EDIT: Some nice pics and more information about the game can be found on the official website!

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jun 28, 2022, 5:23:23 PM

I'd really like to see some gameplay or mechanics before I start getting hyped about it.    Although I do like the devs on it my expectations are pretty tepid overall until I see more. 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jun 28, 2022, 5:34:30 PM

Agreed with DangerBay.  We can certainly be optimistic about it, but I would love to see gameplay/mechanics before getting really excited.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jun 28, 2022, 5:55:18 PM

The trailer's interesting, glad to see the genre getting new perspectives, even if it's from vets, although judging by Steam page screenshots I'm not so sure it will be direct competition for either Civ or HK.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jun 29, 2022, 4:48:36 PM
Looks like Ara will also suffer from immersion breaking ecumenopolis syndrome, just like Humankind.

Developers of the 4X games really needs to start making maps much much bigger. Or find a new techniques to represent cities on the world map.

But overall, game looks interesting.
Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 30, 2022, 4:43:48 PM

They have their own testing programme for externals. First round already happened and second one should be coming. From that I can personally say it has a few interesting new takes that keep things pretty interesting - era progression and production system, technology to some extent too. Not all perfect there yet, but if you liked some of the Civ: Colonisation mechanics on a larger scale this could be interesting for you.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment