Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

New forum records

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 1:38:37 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
It is actually easier to keep track of the screenshots, or artwork that had been shared. Anyway, I am sure Raptor will repost them here: I won't hijack/edit his thread and let him the pleasure to discover them. =)

Then I have a suggestion of making a gallery at endlessspace.com where you get the pictures that are placed at facebook in a certain album presented there for instance. smiley: smile

That way you guys/girls can still utilise facebook for your personal reference yet still let all of us that dont visit facebook enjoy the same material. smiley: smile

And what thread did you refer to that you didnt want to hi-jack?!
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 2:41:24 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
I won't hijack/edit his thread and let him the pleasure to discover them. =)

My gods wommen you have a squad of ninja hijackers.

As ninjas we can get un noticed to any post and post before the poster has thought to post them

We can sneak in to any thread and use ouer special spam attack so we can hijack anything before anyone notice what happens
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 2:48:58 PM
And do that as smooth as a rabbit fur! smiley: smile

znork wrote:
My gods wommen you have a squad of ninja hijackers.

As ninjas we can get un noticed to any post and post before the poster has thought to post them

We can sneak in to any thread and use ouer special spam attack so we can hijack anything before anyone notice what happens
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 4:57:16 PM
shridan you are a ninja you should now we dont shere all ouer secrets
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 22, 2012, 8:50:48 AM
I know! They just think I shared secrets.... We - and alder - know better. smiley: wink

znork wrote:
shridan you are a ninja you should now we dont shere all ouer secrets
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 1:26:19 PM
Alderbranch wrote:
How is putting something on facebook a reward... that means I have to visit that site to beginwith

It is actually easier to keep track of the screenshots, or artwork that had been shared. Anyway, I am sure Raptor will repost them here: I won't hijack/edit his thread and let him the pleasure to discover them. =)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 23, 2012, 8:07:51 AM
Raptor wrote:
This is going to be an exciting week for G2G and new info smiley: smile

As they say: A new week with new possibilities. Lets hope we also break the current record. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 24, 2012, 5:58:43 AM
Znork I'm not positive why but when I read your posts with your cool scandinavian spelling they always sound Jaegerish...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 24, 2012, 7:56:44 AM
maceman wrote:
Znork I'm not positive why but when I read your posts with your cool scandinavian spelling they always sound Jaegerish...

Thats not a scandinavian spelling. Its znorkish. Its a dialect based on dwarven and orcish.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 24, 2012, 10:50:25 AM
Ahh it reminded me of a foreign language called faarspeek, truly used only by a being called faarr smiley: smile

Alderbranch wrote:
Thats not a scandinavian spelling. Its znorkish. Its a dialect based on dwarven and orcish.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 24, 2012, 1:00:38 PM
Sharidann wrote:
Ahh it reminded me of a foreign language called faarspeek, truly used only by a being called faarr smiley: smile

Haha, well this language was at first used by Znork and named by me over at the Heroes forums. There it also became so wellknown that it actually got implemented into Heroes 6 on the hero called Harald. And its that description on what its based upon that I used above. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 25, 2012, 9:11:20 PM
Alderbranch wrote:
NEW RECORD - 88 ppl online at the same time smiley: biggrin

Cool! 100 is on the horizon smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 4:37:40 AM
Thought this needed its own thread by now as the old one started to get all kinds of records in it.

We have had 85 ppl online at the same time sofar.

To have something to compare that with. Ubisoft has 1,3 Million members... they had 8500 ppl online yesterday at the same time...

So 1% of Ubis forum-activity here in less than quarter and this dev has yet to release a game. Kinda says something about the awesomeness of amplitude. smiley: cool

0,006% of their member base was active while here the same numbers correspond to 5%!! member-activity. smiley: smile

Only reason why comparison is made with only ubisoft and not ea too is because ea doesnt present their figures on activity like ubi does.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 1:21:00 PM
Belhoriann wrote:
Ouuh ! Is it a nice wallpaper with a gigantic Cravers fleet ?

EDIT : oups, artworks in fact (on facebook). They are fantastic, thanks !

How is putting something on facebook a reward... that means I have to visit that site to beginwith
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 12:57:02 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
Managed to get you guys a nice reward. One word: Cravers.

Ouuh ! Is it a nice wallpaper with a gigantic Cravers fleet ?

EDIT : oups, artworks in fact (on facebook). They are fantastic, thanks !

VieuxChat wrote:
Community is really important this days. Even more when a game complies to be a heavy-multiplayer one.

And to be frank there's only two others forums where I feel like home (one about boardgames, trictrac.net, and the stardock forums)

It would be cool to track the up and downs of such stats.

I never felt like home on game forums, I'm more into community forums, like Canard PC (even if it is a forum of a magazine). But I really like the Amplitude Forum, it's always nice to chat with devs and the community is really active smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 12:51:20 PM
Community is really important this days. Even more when a game complies to be a heavy-multiplayer one.

And to be frank there's only two others forums where I feel like home (one about boardgames, trictrac.net, and the stardock forums)

It would be cool to track the up and downs of such stats.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 11:30:04 AM
Naaa, not at all! smiley: smile

Boygor wrote:
It's not like EA or Ubisoft are actually trying to discourage brand loyalty or anything with their insane business practices smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 11:08:09 AM
Alderbranch wrote:
Its not the 85 vs 8500 that makes 85 look small its the fact that a Indie-dev thats just started out has close to 1% of the activity that a mastodon like Ubi has BEFORE releasing their first game. Id like to see Ubisoft or EA match that on a individual-title-level... oh wait a second... they cant... how silly of me.

It's not like EA or Ubisoft are actually trying to discourage brand loyalty or anything with their insane business practices smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 9:07:14 AM
Raptor wrote:
Ubisoft and EA forums are mastodons with dozens of different game sub-forums, that's why when you put 85 next to 8500 it looks like a huge difference. And it is huge but ES is not competing with Assassin's or with Battlefield. I checked the forums of 3-4 upcoming 4x games and they are not even close to this forum in terms of threads, posts and visits. For all of them there are several trailers released already etc.

So the bottom line is ES, with its single 1.2 minutes of gameplay trailer shown, has attracted and continues to attract more people than the competition. G2G has to be mentioned here as well as offering the people the chance to participate in the creation of the game they are going to be playing is in its own right awesome. So how can so little info (a trailer) do so much? Cause it looks perfect! The music, the atmosphere, the design, this is what first meets the eye. The tons of lore and info in the stickies, the people out there don't know about them so this makes it even a bigger accomplishment to get them here with just one short trailer and it's great to watch their reactions: "Wow that's a huge lore you've got here!", "Great story!", "Awesome art!"... It was the same for me I got here after watching the trailer and after I read and learned more about ES I changed my opinion from "this game is cool" to "no this game is not cool, it's freaking AWESOME!"

The 85 people online record will be crushed to bits even before the game gets released but it is important cause of the numbers Alderbranch mentioned, that's 5% of all the members gathering here in an ordinary day! If you put this number in the Mastodon's scale that would mean 65000 people! This comes to show how interested we are in the game and its development.

And I'm going to say this for a 100th time, cause it's true why hide it smiley: smile, I have no doubts that the game will be a total success and will leave all the competition in the Dust smiley: wink

Its not the 85 vs 8500 that makes 85 look small its the fact that a Indie-dev thats just started out has close to 1% of the activity that a mastodon like Ubi has BEFORE releasing their first game. Id like to see Ubisoft or EA match that on a individual-title-level... oh wait a second... they cant... how silly of me.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 8:58:19 AM
Congratulations. Great to see people are becoming interested in this game and the project itself. I am sure that once Endless Space is up for pre-purchase on different channels, the number of forum users will jump up significantly.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 8:51:07 AM
Ubisoft and EA forums are mastodons with dozens of different game sub-forums, that's why when you put 85 next to 8500 it looks like a huge difference. And it is huge but ES is not competing with Assassin's or with Battlefield. I checked the forums of 3-4 upcoming 4x games and they are not even close to this forum in terms of threads, posts and visits. For all of them there are several trailers released already etc.

So the bottom line is ES, with its single 1.2 minutes of gameplay trailer shown, has attracted and continues to attract more people than the competition. G2G has to be mentioned here as well as offering the people the chance to participate in the creation of the game they are going to be playing is in its own right awesome. So how can so little info (a trailer) do so much? Cause it looks perfect! The music, the atmosphere, the design, this is what first meets the eye. The tons of lore and info in the stickies, the people out there don't know about them so this makes it even a bigger accomplishment to get them here with just one short trailer and it's great to watch their reactions: "Wow that's a huge lore you've got here!", "Great story!", "Awesome art!"... It was the same for me I got here after watching the trailer and after I read and learned more about ES I changed my opinion from "this game is cool" to "no this game is not cool, it's freaking AWESOME!"

The 85 people online record will be crushed to bits even before the game gets released but it is important cause of the numbers Alderbranch mentioned, that's 5% of all the members gathering here in an ordinary day! If you put this number in the Mastodon's scale that would mean 65000 people! This comes to show how interested we are in the game and its development.

And I'm going to say this for a 100th time, cause it's true why hide it smiley: smile, I have no doubts that the game will be a total success and will leave all the competition in the Dust smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 6:53:56 AM
World Domination ?

AFK putting my Evil Overlord Shirt on! smiley: smile

Anyway, great, great news to read. smiley: smile

Alderbranch wrote:
Well, you have to compare it with the biggest.

I mean you still compare Linux - "The awesome" to Apple - "hey lets rip off our customers with twice the cost-piece of shit again" and Microsofts - "We want world-domination bwahaha"
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 6:35:30 AM
Well, you have to compare it with the biggest.

I mean you still compare Linux - "The awesome" to Apple - "hey lets rip off our customers with twice the cost-piece of shit again" and Microsofts - "We want world-domination bwahaha"
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 5:50:28 AM
Ahah I like your numbers, it's like David vs Goliath !

But you did the unforgivable : compare Ubisoft "The Dumbass" and EA "The Evil Killing Machine" to Amplitude "The Allmighty".

Anyway, I'm ready for the little reward from the devs now smiley: cool
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment