Nintendo GameCube (2001)
Xbox 360 (2005)
Wii (2006)
PS3 (2006)
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 5:29:26 PM
So, I'm polling to see what you think is the best, most personally-significant video game system / console in your life. You might want to take into account your most favorite games of all time, the system that got you into gaming, or the system that impressed you/made an impression on you the most.

Take note: Don't take graphics into account as it pertains to comparing more advanced systems to previous ones (e.g. PS3 is the best because it has graphics WAY better than Mario on NES). I'm not including PC (not primarily a gaming console/system). I was limited to 10 - sorry if yours didn't make the list smiley: cry.

For me, it is the Playstation. I chose this because (in no particular order) the graphics amazed me, it had awesome games (FFVII+VIII+Tactics, RE2+3, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo's, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Parasite Eve, Silent Hill, and Syphon Filter to name quite a few), and it somewhat started my interest in modding & computer hardware/software.

This was a difficult choice to make; NES, N64, SNES were close in the running.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 7:09:23 PM
Stuck with just the ten, I'd choose playstation one for XenoGears. I loved and still do love that game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 8:17:51 PM
This is hard. I had alot of good memories when I had Playstation 2. PS3 didn't have anything I wanted anymore, but I currently split between xbox360 and pc. so...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 10:07:28 PM
Ok for me its either the Xbox 360 or the GameCube, but I'm really not sure, its more about the games that are on it really.

And the best one of all time is the GBA!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 10:10:31 PM
Really wish the PC was on this list even though its not a console. I chose the NES. It was the first system I bought with my own allowance and the first system I ever beat games on: Mario 1, 2, 3, Kabuki Quantum Fighter, Metal Gear, Blaster Master, Goonies II, Metroid, Kung Fu, Castelvania 2, and Mega Man 2. Those I recall off the top of my head. After NES I went all PC. I had a few years where I had an Xbox and a 360, but games just weren't a fun on console, to me, as they were on PC. Not as much control, strategy, and depth.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 10:32:39 PM
There were a lot of good games for the PS2, especially Shadow Hearts. I had a good time with my PS1 as well, loved FF8. And there were at least a few decent games for the gamecube, like the Zelda games.

But I think for me the Wii makes the race, solely due to the Metroid Prime series, even if only the 3th is actually on the Wii the other 2 have been ported onto the Wii as well. Never have I found a game even remotely like the Metroid Prime series, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the story and the depth. And Metroid Prime is one of the few games which is actually really fun playing on the Wii, because it manages to make proper use of the control possibilities. I already made a group for Metroid fans here but it seems I'm one of the few people to like Metroid that much here.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 6:50:22 PM
DeathSarge wrote:
My vote goes to PC, even though it is not on the list.

I'm sorry, I would have picked the PC as well. But I didn't include because its not a video game console per se, and it would be biased on a PC game forum.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 9:14:31 PM
The NES gets an honorable mention from me, as it was my first taste of video games.

But for overall winner, my vote goes to the PS2. Full backwards-compatibility, an incredible library, and amazing lasting power. Not to mention that it was the last great before everyone became obsessed with online-ness, DLC and "multimedia platforms". A last, great hurrah at the end of an era. One in which a gaming console was a gaming console, and when you bought a game, you weren't just buying a 60$ demo.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 9:17:57 PM
Considering I'm primarily a PC gamer, I can't really vote on this as I do firmly believe that PC surpasses all systems on quality games.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 9:48:04 PM
I have to say the SNES. It wasn't what got me into gaming (that was the NES), but I just had so much fun with it. A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy 2 and 3 (4 and 6), Contra, and so many others...I still have it, actually. I might need to plug it in for old time's sake.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 9:54:17 PM
murph wrote:
I'm sorry, I would have picked the PC as well. But I didn't include because its not a video game console per se, and it would be biased on a PC game forum.
Good move. Everyone who is playing this game is a pc gamer.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 2:21:30 AM
Nintendo 64 had Lylat Wars, GoldenEye, Mario Kart and Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Can't really say much more than that, nor should I need to.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment