Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Happy to have bought the game.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 9:20:05 PM
I just wanted to say that there were two large motivators :

The Steam ad with the discount attracted my eye, but frankly a lot of ads catch my eye, and for a game in ALPHA that wasn't enough.

But I bumped from there to the Amplitude site trying to learn more about the company and soon stumbled on this:

Amplitude Studios is an independent gathering of experienced video game lovers (and developers), with a single goal:

CREATE THE BEST STRATEGY GAMES!

Now, I know a lot of game companies would make that claim, and not really mean it, but for some reason, it just jumped out at me. The fact that they put that pretty much first on their about us page, really hit a chord. And yes, I understand about the whole democratic process, and how everyone will want something different out of the final product, but from what I could see, the developers were really trying to talk to the customers and make something that the CUSTOMERS wanted.

The second thing that really did it for me was a series of gameplay videos from a Youtuber going by TekkorGJC. There was link on the Steam Forum for videos of the game so I took a look. I wanted to see what sort of experience a real live player was having, and those vids gave it to me in spades. I sat there and looked at four of them before I realised what the local time was. This guy wasn't some uber gamer, blazing his way through a campaign. He was a noob (as we would expect for a game still in alpha), still working his way through parts of the learning curve. But he was taking the time to make a gameplay video, and explain to the viewer what was going on, with things that wouldn't have been immediately apparent, and even when he was looking around in the tech trees, he kept admitting that he hadn't sat down and looked through all of the trees. This guy showed me what it'd be like as a noob trying to get into a new game. And what he showed was a very interesting looking game, that even as a work in progress was something I wanted to try out.

Between the two of those, Amplitude made the sale. Endless Space - Emperor Special Edition, because I'm thinking it'll be well worth it to support this company and this game.

I've played it twice so far, ran into some of the bugs and glitches, but I'm not terribly bothered at this stage. I knew what I was paying for and frankly it doesn't seem to be so bad. Keep up the good work, you guys and gals.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 9:27:55 PM
guzmantt wrote:

I've played it twice so far, ran into some of the bugs and glitches, but I'm not terribly bothered at this stage. I knew what I was paying for and frankly it doesn't seem to be so bad. Keep up the good work, you guys and gals.

Great post, guzmanttsmiley: cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 9:35:05 PM
Yes I would have even paid more than I paid! LOL! smiley: smile Value is here along with immense QUALITY! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 9:45:59 PM
I am in complete agreement with guzmantt!! An amazing game. I have seen some games that the betas were not as polished as your alpha game is. Very happy I purchased it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 9:56:11 PM
I decided to buy the game after getting a lot of positive feedback on some of the questions I posted here. I don't think I went wrong with my choice. I'm really looking forward to being able to play the finished game. So far what I saw was pretty amazing for an alpha version of a game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 4:13:31 AM
I saw the ad and was planning on waiting for the full release, but after watching some YouTubes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5V0zXc5SLc) and reading all the great stuff on the forums I had to buy it. Glad I did, the Alpha runs as well as many released games. Amplitude is taking the correct approach with their alpha testing and I really appreciate their interest in feedback. I hope that this is the start of a great company!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 5:48:52 AM
I was on the fence about this game but after seeing some videos on youtube and doing some research about the game, all doubts vanished and I bought it without a second thought. I was really impressed with the alpha too and was surprised the alpha is fairly stable which led me to believe the developers really care about this game.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 10:52:19 PM
I recommended this game to my friend, and we both really enjoy it so far
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment