Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Deep Slumber: What's the longest you've slept?

6h+
8h+
10h+
12h+
14h+
16h+
18h+
20h+
22h+
24h+
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 6:04:22 PM
Somewhere between 14-16 hours I had spent an entire day (9am to 8am the next day) reading a really good book when I was done I slept a long time.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 7:18:24 PM
I've slept for over a day before, but the best time had to be around 20hrs. I went to sleep around 10pm, woke up late in the evening the next day. The best part? I had a dream in which I had woken up at 10am and had my day up until that point. I was talking to people about stuff I had done and they were all "Umm... What? You've been asleep all day!". Hilarity ensued.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 6:36:45 AM
In ShadowWolf's poll thread I posted that I was awake for 48 hours straight during my senior year in college and as a result of that I ended up sleeping for 24 hours straight. Now I can't seem to sleep longer than 8 hours even if I try hard.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 9:01:14 PM
That doesn't just happen to me when I've had too much/too little sleep..... >.>

Or then again, maybe I'm just constantly in a state of too much/too little sleep... <.<
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 8:44:07 PM
ShadowWolf wrote:
I never want to do that again.

ElegantCaveman wrote:

The confusion and disorientation. Good times!

Don't forget the shadow people. Always popping up at the corner of your eye.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 8:37:16 PM
Dakyris wrote:
26h in a row

Oh my... smiley: ohh

ShadowWolf wrote:
I never want to do that again.

Aww... but I love that feeling! smiley: wink

The confusion and disorientation. Good times!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 7:33:16 PM
After the longest period I spent being awake I, naturally, had my longest period of sleep. I forget the exact time, I just remember looking at the window and thinking I didn't sleep too long for how long I was awake, then checking the date and seeing that it was actually the next day. I never want to do that again.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 7:16:46 PM
26h in a row after working 108 hours in 6 days (18 hours a day), after that, I just crashed...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 8:01:42 AM
So ShadowWolf's poll about sleep deprivation gave me an idea for a sister poll. Let's look at the other side of the coin!

What's the longest you've been asleep? It doesn't have to be 100% unbroken sleep, but almost. Mid-nap-marathon bathroom breaks don't count, and neither does waking up groggily for a few minutes but going right back to sleep. If you got up for a while, though, or were awake enough for the "fog of sleep" to lift, then it doesn't count if you go back to sleep after.

If a high number, I invite you to specify if you were sick or not at the time.

I've slept over 24h while sick (27h, I think it was?), but I've never broken then 24h mark without being sick (think the most I managed was ~22h).

One of the things on my bucket list is to sleep away a full day without being sick!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 5:57:43 PM
I missed an entire day once, it was after a three day straight gaming session. It hurt to close my eyes at first but once I got used to it I didn't get up again until I lost a whole day. Totally worth it!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 5:17:51 PM
Martok wrote:
-- as in, I can count them on the fingers of one hand --

So up to 31 times, eh?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 4:17:21 PM
There have a very few times in my life -- as in, I can count them on the fingers of one hand -- where I slept 13-14 hours straight. It's extremely rare, however, and I haven't slept that much in years now.

These days, I can't sleep more than 6 hours consecutively, and never more than 9-10 hours in a day total. Even then, that's way above average for me -- I normally sleep 7-8 hours, tops.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 12:30:34 PM
Scopeh wrote:
I used to be able to sleep for ages like 12-14 hours. Now im older i only need 7-8 hours and im wide awake no matter how hard i try to fall asleep again..

Know the feeling...

In my glorious youth, when free time permitted, I often stayed up 25-30h, then would sleep for a good 16-18h.

Now that I'm an old man, even when I have the opportunity to do so, I have a hard time breaking the double digits. Makes me sad.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 12:08:42 PM
I used to be able to sleep for ages like 12-14 hours. Now im older i only need 7-8 hours and im wide awake no matter how hard i try to fall asleep again..
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 11:35:10 AM
I'm just incapable of sleeping for more than 11 hours. I just can't do it. Even for 11 hours I need sleep deprivation. Normally I even have a hard time pushing up to 10.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 8:13:45 AM
After an injection of dust mite allergenes and half a tennisball swelling on my arm, I managed to sleep 17 hours straight without waking up.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment