Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Questions I didn't find answers to.. DRM and LAN?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 6:22:22 PM
Hello everyone,

nice to have found this promising game. I would like to ask a few things before chipping in:

• Will this game be using DRM, if yes, in which form?
  • (Overlaps with 1st question) Will it be steam only?
  • Which multiplayer options will it have? Will LAN play be included?

This covers most of my showstoppers, if the game was for me it would use no (or light, like a one-time activation) DRM, and have LAN play for me and my friends (which of course would have no issues buying too, then smiley: smile )

Thanks

Strider
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 6:31:51 PM
znork wrote:
no drm

only steam

lan i dont rember

Thanks for your input, however, steam is DRM. I am not saying that to offend you, just because I specifically asked that too.

Steam-only would be a major drawback for me. Please, this is only my personal opinion, no discussion about this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 6:36:09 PM
well many companyes add drms on steam to. And well you can look at steam as a drm or a distrobution channel.

And if you dont like steam you have a problem.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 6:40:27 PM
Steam-only would be a major drawback for me. Please, this is only my personal opinion, no discussion about this.

This seems to be hard to understand. If you want, we can make another thread where I can go into lengthy explanations, but this is not the place.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 6:47:40 PM
No not realy. I just pointed out som fackts for other who read this post. Since this is a kinda of subject other read.

So fackts no drm If you look at steam as a drm then there is one. The game starts ofline witheout chackign net.

And you have right to personal opinon but if you post somthing exexpt other to post in it. So if you dont want a deabate dont post answers. Others might thoughe and have more questions on this subject.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 7:03:15 PM
I pre-ordered through Steam so my experience is based on the steam platform. After downloading from Steam I was able to install and start the Alpha while in offline mode. Not sure about LAN play. While in offline mode I am unable to switch between a single player game and multiplayer. This could mean that multiplayer is online only or this could just be part of the fact that the game is still an alpha release. Hope this helps with your decision.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 7:34:12 PM
Hexidemic wrote:
I pre-ordered through Steam so my experience is based on the steam platform. After downloading from Steam I was able to install and start the Alpha while in offline mode. Not sure about LAN play. While in offline mode I am unable to switch between a single player game and multiplayer. This could mean that multiplayer is online only or this could just be part of the fact that the game is still an alpha release. Hope this helps with your decision.

Multiplayer isn't included in alpha release.

Concerning LAN mode nothing has been announced, yet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 8:06:17 PM
znork wrote:
well many companyes add drms on steam to. And well you can look at steam as a drm or a distrobution channel.

This is true. Two perfect example is GFWL(Game For Windows Live) and Ubisofts Uplay. You buy the game at steam and you are still bound to use GFWL to register it to your account and same with Uplay. Funny thing with GFWL is that you then got two UI. You got your steam overlay and your GFWL overlay, both over same game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 8:09:10 PM
I bet it will be LAN-capable..... at least i hope so, would be really fun to LAN this with alot of friends sometime :3
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 8:15:12 PM
Chicunsu wrote:
I bet it will be LAN-capable..... at least i hope so, would be really fun to LAN this with alot of friends sometime :3

That'd simply be awesome. A LAN party with this could go on forever!
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 9:12:42 PM
Thanks for all the answers. So I figure there's simply no official statement to these yet.

No worries - I can wait, but would immediately dish out money as I did for Legends of Grimrock even pre-release. There you could buy at the original homepage getting a DRM free download AND a steam key. Nice!

The sad thing is, I expect steam-only and no LAN mode (which is pointless with steam requirement, anyway). Which is okay I guess, just not for me and the rest of the neglected lan players smiley: wink.
0Send private message
Comment