Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What are your opinions on Black Ops 2?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 5:50:16 AM
Hi all I want to know what your opinion of Black Ops 2 is. My opinion on it is I am not buying it unless the zombies are going to be amazing. I mean BO was set in the 60s but BO2 is set in the 2050s. That is too futuristic too fast. To me it looks like it is going to be more about shooting robots than each other. So how do you feel about this?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 1:33:23 PM
Technically, it's still in the Cold War for the first third of the game, and then shifting to the future.

I'm split on it, though. I've never been much into the zombies mode, so that i could honestly care less about. And the setting I'm fine with, simply because, well...Another game set during the Cold War would simply guarantee another "We must stop the evil Soviets/Russians!" cliche, and I'm tired of that. I want a new enemy to face, as we've picked on Russia enough. I am concerned about this supposed open, sandbox-esque style of gameplay I've read about, though. I'm not sure how well that will play out for a FPS game, especially when it comes with a big as hit to graphics as it seems to have taken.

All in all, we'll see. I'll probably end up getting it, but not at release, unless some of my friends are getting it.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 2:35:07 PM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
CoD sucks!

And that should have been seen coming.

For anyone else that wants to post, please just stay with what the topic creator stated. There's no need for the thread to devolve into Cod vs BF / Cod sucks / BF sucks / video games today suck / ME3 needs a new ending / etc. arguments.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 2:42:27 PM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
CoD sucks!

I don't think this will bring anything to the discussion.

I've only played like the first part of CoD black ops and a tiny bit of zombie mode, so I can't really judge the game. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 5:49:53 PM
Austin_McGinn wrote:
Hi all I want to know what your opinion of Black Ops 2 is. My opinion on it is I am not buying it unless the zombies are going to be amazing. I mean BO was set in the 60s but BO2 is set in the 2050s. That is too futuristic too fast. To me it looks like it is going to be more about shooting robots than each other. So how do you feel about this?

Actually, its following dual timelines, so it will be 60s and 2050s or something like that.

I acknowledge their attempt to set the game apart from the rest of the COD series, but the series is just stuck in a rut. All the games are too similar, and for me, the best COD came out years ago. Same engine, same graphics, same gameplay.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 6:22:45 PM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
CoD sucks!

he means to say copy and paste games using the quake engine shouldn't be making all that money to begin with.

Ghost73 wrote:
All the games are too similar, and for me, the best COD came out years ago. Same engine, same graphics, same gameplay.
yes, MW1
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 9:28:28 PM
Well all the other games were just a improved version of the original in the graphics and gameplay (For better or worse) and really saying that they are somehow bad becuse they use the same engine is just weird and kinda short sighted. In terms of actual game play, its one of the best ways to loose an afternoon.

For Blops2? Its a nice new angle on what they previously made, and that good for them and their profits, the fanboys will eat it up and thats good for them.

Will i get it? if i can get a job in the next few months that gives a decent wadge, sure why not? Sounds like fun.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 10:34:27 PM
I'm reserving judgement but I will say nothing will rival Nixon, Kennedy, McNamara, and Castro v. Zombies. It was the funnest multiplayer experience I have ever had playing CoD.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 12:19:06 AM
Sorry if my statement wasn't clear. Every CoD game I have played, has sucked and I see no reason that will be different for this new one.

They're are just generic FPS that have nothing special or interesting about them. It is all just opinion but I prefer to play game that allow me to do things I really could never do IRL, now if I really wanted to I could get a gun and go die instantly by someone shooting me down and take a few people with me. But I'd much rather play a game that gives me and my opponents tones of health that we can use to bash away at each other, and I don't have to watch a reloading screen every two seconds.

The only CoD game I have remotely enjoyed was No. 5 and that was just because the weapons were old and gave it a bit of spice, I just have no interest in modern day weaponry. I either want old fashioned stuff or plasma rifles!

Bring back Timesplitters or Turok: Evolution!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 12:31:55 AM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
plasma rifles! Bring back Timesplitters or Turok: Evolution!
hell yeah, those games were fun
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 1:48:14 PM
Deltron3O3O wrote:
hell yeah, those games were fun

They did have the most advanced alarm system. If a guard sees you he shouts "Alarmi Alarmi" And then every guard that hears also starts shouting it, until you kill em all or die yourself.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 7:21:50 PM
I generally got bored after CoD 4, so I stopped buying. I'm probably not going to get it, but my little bro is a diehard CoD fan, so I know he will. I'll probably play his copy a bit, but a mostly generic FPS is still a mostly generic FPS. I'll be busy on Endless Space anyways.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment