Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Transit of Venus Today/Tonight

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 10:46:20 PM
For what its worth to any Astronomy, Sci interested folks out there.

The next one is I believe in 2117?

This one is especially important for the Seti Institute and those involved in Extra Planetary Sciences amongst other things.

The Hubble Telescope is using the moon as a mirror to study venus to give us an extremely accurate template of the composition of the venusian atmosphere to help us with studying planets outside our solar system.

Hopefully we get some good science done with this event like we did with Captain Cook in Tahiti and subsequent observations since the 1700s. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 11:02:26 PM
Oh, I thought you were talking about Venusian subways. smiley: stickouttongue Just kidding, kewl beans!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 7:33:01 PM
Dr_Mox wrote:
For what its worth to any Astronomy, Sci interested folks out there.

The next one is I believe in 2117?

This one is especially important for the Seti Institute and those involved in Extra Planetary Sciences amongst other things.

The Hubble Telescope is using the moon as a mirror to study venus to give us an extremely accurate template of the composition of the venusian atmosphere to help us with studying planets outside our solar system.

Hopefully we get some good science done with this event like we did with Captain Cook in Tahiti and subsequent observations since the 1700s. smiley: wink

NASA videos are impressive!! highly recommended!!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 7:38:15 PM
How will we see the transit? Can you view it by your eyes or only by telescope?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 7:57:50 PM
Finland6 wrote:
How will we see the transit? Can you view it by your eyes or only by telescope?

You won't see it as it is already finished, dude. smiley: wink You could have seen it by your eyes with special glasses to protect your eyes, but amateur astronomers used their telescopes to see it better.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment