Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Family Game Night Moment

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 1:43:40 PM
Just thought I'd share a cool family moment of my own that happened last night. I have always been an avid board gamer but for whatever reason, have put off picking up Settlers of Catan even though I heard it was a fantastic game. I finally got around to ordering it and it arrived yesterday morning. Now, my wife isn't THAT into board games so I was really surprised when she suggested we try my new game. It was about 9:30pm and 3 of my 4 kids were zonked for the night so it was just me, my wife, and my 12 year old son when we started playing. My son gets bored with anything that isn't played on his Xbox360 so I didn't really have high expectations that the game would go very well. Let me tell you, we didn't stop playing until well after 2:00am and we only stopped because DAD was the party pooper and too tired to keep playing while my wife and my son were trying to think of ways to keep me going and failing that - planning their strategies for our next go around tonight! I couldn't have been happier when I finally hit the hay - for more reasons then just being tired. smiley: cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 6:18:21 PM
If you didn't knew about Settlers of Catane then you should go to boardgamegeek.com.

But beware. After that your life will never be the same smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 5:49:35 PM
Settlers it's one of my favourite games to share with people that don't used to play boardgames... many of my friends (and couple of friends) start to play through me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 11:11:09 PM
Yeah, I knew about boardgamegeek.com and that settlers was supposed to be a great gateway game - just never got around to trying it. Boy am I glad I did though! My son keeps pestering me to play!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 1:31:52 AM
I've always wanted to try Settler of Catan, but no one I know is just all that into trying it. Unfortuantely, board games simply aren't that popular with my friends...The only one that gets broken out anymore is Arkham Horror, simply as an excuse to get a bunch of people together and drink while "playing" a game we'll never end.

Sheesh, the one time we took the game seriously, it took us almost a full day to finish...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 4:57:04 AM
A full day ? O_o

It depends on the great ancient. The game should be between 3 and 6 hours.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 5:01:39 AM
VieuxChat wrote:
A full day ? O_o

It depends on the great ancient. The game should be between 3 and 6 hours.

Yep...I should clarify, it wasn't a full straight day of sitting at the board and playing. We started around lunch, and finished around midnight (so, I guess that's just half a day...), taking time for food breaks, this distraction, that distraction, and so on and so forth. So while the board was set up for the day, we probably were really only playing...maybe eight hours?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment