Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Ticket To Ride PC Version versus Board Game Version

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 1:30:03 PM
Anybody played Ticket to Ride as both a board game and on the PC? Is the PC version (I think the PC version is pretty fun) any indicator of how fun the board game version is?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 3:07:17 PM
I've played the online version only a couple of times, but I find the board game more fun.

But thats because I play it with friends or family and thats more fun then on the pc

I'd suggest you buy it or visit someone you know that owns the game to try it out?

GrtZsmiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 3:27:31 PM
Haven't played Ticket to Ride on board specifically, but from my experience with Settlers of Catan on PC/Board, I'd have to say Board is just more fun.

More expensive? Yes.

Less flexible? Yes (Since you're comparing internet play with "come to my house")

Is it worth it? Oh yes. lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 5:37:15 PM
The Pc version is the same than the boardgame. But you have to know that some calculations are to be made with your brain :P So even if boardgames are more fun as a general rule, they are also "harder" to play.

But ticket to ride is THE opening game for newcomers in the world of today's boardgames.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 6:34:44 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
The Pc version is the same than the boardgame. But you have to know that some calculations are to be made with your brain :P So even if boardgames are more fun as a general rule, they are also "harder" to play.

But ticket to ride is THE opening game for newcomers in the world of today's boardgames.

I struggled with the decision of which "gateway" game to get to introduce the family to higher quality board games. It was a tossup between Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan - in the end after much hemming and hawing I bought Settlers and we had such a blast playing it that I don't regret the decision. I guess my next board game acquisition will be Ticket to Ride.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 8:37:49 PM
Agreed - Settlers is a great gateway drug. Even my old dad managed to understand the rules in a few minutes.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment