Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Does Steam limit the amount of installs?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 13, 2012, 2:26:47 PM
Hello all,

My pc just crashed smiley: cry and I'm going to completly re-install windows on it.

I think I have a virus, because after startup everything just freeze (even the volume buttons on my keyboard return no action).

Now, if I re-install I ofcourse need to re-install endless space also.

Here's the question: Is the amount of installs limited (e.g. you can only install a game 3 time or so)

Because if its limited, I'm going to assemble a new pc and then install ES on the new one.

This is because my current (crashed) pc will only last another year and a half before its going to be useless

(I already need to run ES on the 2nd to lowest setting... :aldersmiley: smile

Thanks in advance
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 13, 2012, 3:00:52 PM
No, for the most part Steam lets you download a game as many time as you want.

There are some cases, though, where a game will insist on using it's own DRM instead of Steam's, however (though the only one I can think of is Battlefield: Bad Company 2). I doubt Endless Space is going to be one of those games, so you should be fine in terms of that one at least.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 13, 2012, 3:17:12 PM
Ah yes, Thanks both of you smiley: smile

I'm not used to buy games on steam,

hence the (maybe) stupid question. ^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 13, 2012, 5:57:59 PM
As Strigion explains, Steam itself does not have any sort of "Only 5 installs" limit. Certain games may however have this (especially during the first few months/year of launch), though this is typicall only seen in EA games (Mass Effect, Spore) and such.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 13, 2012, 7:43:22 PM
Windows Is completely re-installed smiley: smile

I did however lost some personal data...

But I can now play ES again ^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 13, 2012, 10:13:05 PM
Steam is nice for that fact it works on any number of PC's, so long as you log in properly.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment