Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Anybody Played Krater Yet?

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 24, 2012, 5:02:53 PM
I'm at 13 hours and am at roughly 3/4 of the game I think. The game is still fun, even if there's no real chamlenge. Combat is mostly repetitive. But the background is so "fresh" that I still play it smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 24, 2012, 2:34:36 PM
I haven't finished yet so I couldn't tell you. I feel it was well worth the $14.95
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 23, 2012, 8:57:28 PM
Question for those that played it...how long is the game ? I've read that yu can finish the main story in 13 hours ? While i agree that it has indeed a low asking price, 13 hours is rather low. Any extra dificulties after finishing the main story ?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 21, 2012, 4:52:30 AM
I haven't played for days on end but I haven't found any bugs either and based on what I've read in their forums - it appears they are fixing, tweaking, and adding content at this point. Really fun game if you like action RPGs and/or RTS games.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 20, 2012, 11:26:30 PM
I think I'll probably check it out when the co-op mode is released. That's what usually pulls me into games anymore, is the chance to play them with friends. Co-op makes everything better, in my opinion. I liked both Torchlight and Fallout, so if it is indeed a freaky mashup I'll probably end up hooked. You mentioned that they're doing quite a few updates, is the game buggy or is it more along the lines of fixing little details one at a time type of updates/patches?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 20, 2012, 11:16:34 PM
So I went ahead and bought the Collector's Edition from Steam - I've only played about an hour but it lives up to my expectations and what Darksider said, "Its a pretty awesome game....like some freaky mashup of Torchlight and Fallout 2." smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 19, 2012, 12:06:11 PM
Darksider wrote:
Its a pretty awesome game....like some freaky mashup of Torchlight and Fallout 2.

Yeah! That's EXACTLY what I thought when I saw the demo videos! That's too funny! lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 14, 2012, 1:33:43 PM
I was wondering if anybody has had the chance to play Krater: Shadows Over Solside from Fatshark yet (currently for sale on Steam) and, if so, what their thoughts were? I like action RPG's and RTS games so this looks like it would be a very fun, quirky (come on! It's post-apocalyptic Sweden for heaven's sake!) combination of the two.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 18, 2012, 5:00:25 AM
Evrett37 wrote:
is this an advertisement ? Do you work for marketing?

I do not work for Fatshark and no it's not an advertisement. This IS an offtopic forum and if you look through it, you will see people discussing games other than ES and some, like me, looking for other's opinions on those games. That's what I am doing with this thread. Nothing more. If you were concerned, did you look at my profile, blog, or the hundreds of other posts I've made to see if I had any other posts that may give the indication I was stumping for another game designer?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 17, 2012, 6:08:07 PM
I bought it and played a bit until I had to re-download the whole game when there was a patch (didn't affect everyone). I think the game has a lot of potential and it's definitely worth the low asking price. The best part, for me, was probably the music (also bought the soundtrack).

It's partly a little on the hectic side since you control all three characters simultaneously and I wish it had more voice acting. Also, it felt partly a bit unfinished, but the studio is constantly working on the game and there are frequent patches. Given a month or two (when coop will be added), I think it'll be an even better game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 15, 2012, 3:14:44 PM
That one has a lot of atmosphear. And there's a lot put in the details (i really like wandering in town)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 15, 2012, 1:53:44 PM
Cool! Thanks for the review, VieuxChat - it looks fantastic and quirky and I really like quirky games (I'm a major fan of Space Rangers 2) but wanted to hear from someone who has played the game a bit first. It's only $14.95 on Steam so I guess it wasn't much of a risk if it turned out i didn't like the game but I have like 10 or so games in my Steam library that I never play because they turned out to be less than interesting.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 15, 2012, 5:08:28 AM
I do !

And I like it. My thought is that the RPG part (which is the part I like the most in that kind of game, but I mean RPG in the real meaning Role-playing) is fairly good for an action game (the quests are somewhat fun and the background is really really fun to play in).

About the combat : mobs don't move, so you can plan how you'll cook them usually (but I 'm not far in the game. that may change). There's few skills per character, but you can have different skills with different character (even inside a class : for instance two diffent medikus may have different skills). you can add one skill to a character, raising the total to 9 skills to use in battle. You can add implant to the characters, enhancing stats, and you can boost skills with different kind of effects (you can add a stamina boost to a splash heal. The effect is applied on the usual target of the initial skill. That lead to some chcoices to do and that's cool).

And last, the music is sweden-post-apocalyptic. Which is a good thing, in my opinion smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment