Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Irc?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 29, 2012, 10:50:20 AM
Hello everyone, my name is Klima and this is my first post on the forums for this great game!

I've been searching for an official or unofficial irc channel, but I couldn't seem to find one, so I decided to make one.

server: irc.griefplay.net

port: 6667

channel: #endlessspace

For people who don't know what IRC is, here's a link to connect to the channel via mibbit; Click here to connect!

feel free to join and discuss the game or hook up with someone to play! smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 29, 2012, 6:28:13 PM
adder wrote:
Good idea smiley: approval

EDIT

How does this work actually?

when I do this:

http://irc.griefplay.net/?channels=#EndlessSpace

i only get: "It Works!"

Try this link, it'll connect you through mibbit; http://chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.griefplay.net&channel=%23endlessspace

Steph'nie wrote:
Hmm, I think there was already one. There: found it. smiley: smile

I've never used IRC though. smiley: confused

Seems like that IRC channel is down, but thanks for looking smiley: smile I couldn't find anything when I searched
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 4:03:23 PM
This is also my first post on the forum, being as i've not really had time yet to become super familiar with the Game (to a point where i feel comfortable going toe to toe with forum regulars on topics!).

However i am familiar with both IRC and the Griefplay network.

The channel itself is new, only a few people in it at the moment, but of course that's why these sorts of threads exist.

The network is decent as well, there are channels for various other games (most notably a large Eve Online channel) and also for things not related to games.

If you've got a few minutes you should check it out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 5:10:16 PM
Klima wrote:

Seems like that IRC channel is down, but thanks for looking smiley: smile I couldn't find anything when I searched

The channel is not "down". The majority of the people are there.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 4, 2012, 4:16:40 AM
Following the provided link in your own thread yields a G-Line notification. Looks like it's blocking mibbit connections, so while it is not "down" in a true sense of the word it is inaccessible to potentially new community members who are not familliar with IRC.

It is good to know that there is another Endless Space IRC community. It truly deserves as much attention as it can get, which is just the reason why my friend Klima here has advertised our own network to the public.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 4, 2012, 12:52:06 PM
Osias wrote:
Following the provided link in your own thread yields a G-Line notification.

You are either connecting through a proxy that is not allowed on Quakenet, or you are infected with a Trojan/Virus.

Regarding Mibbit, the issue is very clear:

QuakeNet does not allow any Mibbit client to connect.

Quakenet has their own web client.

This is a closed issue, there is no discussion possible. Do not pester Mibbit Staff why. Do not pester QuakeNet staff why not.

Use one of the clients outlined in the original post. It is better for you, me and everyone else on IRC.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment