Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Skyjacker Kickstarter

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 12:32:51 PM
So, since I presume that most people here like space themed games, I present to you:

Skyjacker

What is Skyjacker?

Well, according to the devs it's (I quote):

• LOTR by its atmosphere of high adventure

• GTA by its criminal background and freedom of choice inside the game

• NFS by its energy and gameplay dynamics, and ability to customize the vehicle

And all of them together, in the deepest reaches of space.

Walk the ruthless path of Ael-Skyjacker, the lone human in a galaxy of conflict, as he tears apart the stars in search of fame and fortune.

Skyjacker is a first-person free-roaming space combat game with unique features rarely - or never - seen in other space games to date:

•Travel from the surface of a planet to the tunnels and bays of orbital space stations, with no transitions or cuts in between.

•Bump space hulks and asteroids into collision courses with your enemies and watch the pretty fireworks.

•Disable and destroy component parts of a ship. Cargo ship's getting away? Slow it down with some neighborly torpedoes to the engine.

•Salvage the parts you didn't destroy and mount them on your own ship. Add insult to injury - rip enemies apart with their own guns!

•Swap out engine parts to change the behavior of your ship - play it like an arcade game, like a classic space game, or with full inertia and momentum.

•And all this in professional graphics and gameplay.

These aren't idle dreams - we've already done it. We just need to polish it up.

Storyline:

During our Ice Age, a young human male named Ael was taken from the wild Earth aboard an alien spaceship. Raised by a space wanderer, he left his teacher at age 16 to become one of the most ruthless pirates in the Galaxy. He earned infamy by robbing trade convoys and being engaged in sabotage for hire all around the Galaxy.

The chaos of global interstellar war turns him from small-time pirate into high-priced mercenary. When the war ends, he’s forced to escape from the prosecution of justice into the dark unpopulated Galaxy regions, where he undertakes several bold missions, earning acclaim and protection from several mystical races.

New troubles arise when the race of hostile invaders called “Shaarkarians”, approach from the dark abyss of space, devastating inhabited worlds and killing all life they meet on their way. They exploit the telepathic abilities possessed by most of the galaxy’s inhabitants, using psi-controllers to enslave them. Capitalizing on the well-known fact that humans are mentally deaf, the Galactic Society hires Ael and other such “freaks” to stop the ruthless alien onslaught. And - check this - some of them are human, like Ael!

The book series reveals more details ...

(end of quote)

Which all sounds like a really good mix. Being able to fly from a planet's surface to space and vice versa transitionless, like in the Evochron series, but with good graphics? I for one have waited for this for a long time now, I really hope they implement this mechanism well. I'm backing this, if you like the idea, back it too, let's reach the goal together! =)

Some pics:

Races:

Some ships:

HUD & Space fight:

0Send private message
0Send private message
Comment