Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Faction origin of the prisoner transport "Victory"

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 29, 2013, 1:39:44 AM
According to the dev blog, the planet in question was the site of a battle in the Endless civil war:

a planet devastated a long time ago during the civil war of the endless. This planet happens to be the one where the Dungeon of the Endless crew crashed...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 20, 2013, 9:14:53 AM
Who was responsible for bring the map?.................. oh wait it was me. Sorry about that.

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 18, 2013, 12:19:15 PM
DarkMeph wrote:
Does anybody know? smiley: biggrin

DarkMeph

I guess we lost track some time ago? lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 18, 2013, 11:05:01 AM
Tredecim wrote:
Yeah, maybe, because we don't know what we are doing lol

I guess @ Success...

Does anybody know? smiley: biggrin

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 16, 2013, 10:26:03 AM
DarkMeph wrote:
We were just testing you..................I think.

DarkMeph

Yeah, maybe, because we don't know what we are doing lol

I guess @ Success...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 8, 2013, 4:32:06 PM
Woo Australia! (Had to represent). In terms of the ship design (the larger ship not the 'escape pod'), it does have some United Empire aspects to it. For starters it is built out of a long box like body as many United Empire ships are. Along with having several 'modules' attached to it (the green bits how they 'stick out' like a large container, most likely housing the prisoners), one ship with these large parts that stick out is the UE dreadnought.

The large trapezium type bits on the top and bottom, the one on top especially looks like a large housing module (thank you ES wiki for the image).

But that is the only ship that shares any real similarities to the one in the video... anyways, I hope I fueled some theories! [SUB]Hehe, I love sewing the seeds of crazy ideas...[/SUB]
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 3, 2013, 3:12:21 PM
Troodon wrote:
I thought it would be fun to speculate about the circumstances of the attack and destruction of the prisoner transport.

I am pretty sure that the Victory was a United Empire ship. The hull most resembled a United Empire design, the prisoners were human, and what other faction would be depicted as having a prisoner transport? (That would be like depicting the SW Rebel Alliance court martialing and executing someone. Just because it happens doesn't mean that you want to show it.)

Which ship are you referring to? The one in the teaser was named "Success" so I'm a bit confused. But here's the reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Success_%28prison_ship%29
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 29, 2013, 9:49:05 PM
it could be a Private Military Company (PMC) or Mercs and they could take prisoners.

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 29, 2013, 11:28:03 AM
The prisoner transport "Victory" is not of any current ES design, but is instead of a new nation that rose up after the ES wars which we know and love. The reason that I believe this is for the following reasons. First, the ship only had to crash after the ES wars and if it was any one of the nations in ES was the owner of the prison ship, then it would appear as if the devs are showing favoritism to one race while not the others. Also, as it is a prisoner ship, it would have to be a nation, due to the fact that companies do not take prisoners (when was the last time you heard of Apple taking a Microsoft employee prisoner?). Finally, as to the design of the ship, it does not match any configuration skeem of any known nations (while it may appear UE, it can't be due to the fact that the UE favors longer ships rather than bulky ships, like the "Victory").

And as to the origin of this new nation, I can only speculate, however I believe that coinciding with my first point, it is a nation of rebels from all of the ES nations.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 26, 2013, 5:36:26 PM
I thought it would be fun to speculate about the circumstances of the attack and destruction of the prisoner transport.

I am pretty sure that the Victory was a United Empire ship. The hull most resembled a United Empire design, the prisoners were human, and what other faction would be depicted as having a prisoner transport? (That would be like depicting the SW Rebel Alliance court martialing and executing someone. Just because it happens doesn't mean that you want to show it.)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 28, 2013, 9:53:14 PM
ooooh a speculation thread! My fav!

Personally, I think the Victory was a Post Endless Home world Devastation---Pre Dust wars as the Endless were struggling with their ethics. As mentioned in the lore, the Endless ravaged 2 other paradisaical planets after their home world, over stupid arguments.

Thus, I think the victory was transporting prisoners to take part in a dust mutation experiment occurring on a world where subjects were mutated by dust into orcs, vampires, etc. etc. and formed into faction to fight each other, possibly planned as some sick entertainment for the Endless populous (Not unlike the reality TV we have today :P)

As the Concrete V. Virtual wars raged, the experiment was forgotten, and the experiment became a reality, with faction building primitive kingdoms and empires on this world, undisturbed as the Endless annihilated themselves.

I do realize that this is a specific theory, probably dead wrong, but its still fun to think about :P Thus my guess for the faction origin is "Original Endless"
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 28, 2013, 2:19:15 AM
maybe they were second shooter on the grassy knoll (JFK assassination)

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 7:23:43 PM
DarkMeph wrote:
They could be pilgrims that took over a UE ship and then got shot down. I am more worried about what or who was shot behind the door.

Space. Orc.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 12:23:05 PM
They could be pilgrims that took over a UE ship and then got shot down. I am more worried about what or who was shot behind the door.

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 7:47:28 AM
well, didn't the last g2g go in favour of expanding the universe/story?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 26, 2013, 7:46:19 PM
It's hard to tell, because ES factions don't have a real history behind them (they start in the same year with one planet).

From what I understand, lore-wise, before United Empire was formed humans have already colonised some planets - maybe there were saveral human nations before United Empire came to be. That empire had to be united at one point.

Or maybe I'm wrong, perhaps UE was created back when humans controlled only their homeworld.

The third possibility is that this ship does not belong to a 'nation', like UE, but rather to other form of organisation, like corporation or guild (prison business is very profitable), e.g. Dust Collective.

It's all speculation.

My conclusion is: this is most probably human or mainly human ship, but it doesn't necessarily belong to United Empire.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 26, 2013, 6:01:24 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Hm. What makes you so sure that this happens at the same time as Endless space does? It just has to be somewhen after the Endless Wars, when the universe is full of dust and ruins. ^^

It certainly is possible, but I personally don't expect that to be the case. (I certainly hope it isn't!) To me, that would be like saying that Warhammer 40k is set in the real life universe because it technically uses the same timeline.

Still, you could be right...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 26, 2013, 5:56:19 PM
Hm. What makes you so sure that this happens at the same time as Endless space does? It just has to be somewhen after the Endless Wars, when the universe is full of dust and ruins. ^^
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment