There seems to be a lack of sub-forums so I ll just add my general thoughts here.

Put an hour in so far. I understand that not all options are included yet so gameplay may change drastically in weeks to come.

The general idea of gameplay seems to be this:

1. scout out your surroundings

2. build a defense hub where you can meet and greet(!) enemies to their doom, this will be the best fortified room there is, once enemies make it through its kind of game over

- spreading defenses seems to be pointless and just a waste of resources. If I find a room with 2 minor nodes I can see no point in putting any kind of towers on it. The room itself has no value except for connecting to other rooms.

- right now even if I focus all my heroes in one room and build heavy defenses MoBs tend to go for the major node and destroy it while ignoring my defenses and heroes, is this intended or does it only apply to a certain type of enemy?

Whatever I build to encounter or slow down enemies will be destroyed by passing MoBs wasting the resources needed to build them in the first place.

- I read about the blockade function but didnt find it ingame yet, was this introduced already?

3. find the exit to the next level

4. build a "route" to the exit. It seems the hero who picks up the crystal has to get it to the exit in one go which can be really deadly if its a long way off. Good thing the minor nodes continue working else this would be futile from the start.

- I miss a way to "redistribute" or possible "reclaim" spent resources. If I build out a room with defenses and eventually discover that I have to go the opposite way all resources spent are kind of wasted. Also some way to "ease" the brutal resource management would be great. Its not like in other games where you can keep going and recover from a mistake. After you opened all doors on your floor thats about it. If you cannot build a route to the exit you spent time on a dungeon you lost from the start. I can see that becoming a bit frustrating if success relies so heavily on luck rather then skill.

5. start the next level with the left-over resources from the last level and a crystal. You keep the heroes and their levels, all blueprints and items you got in your previous level(s)

- I d think some sort of "bonus" for finished levels would be a nice touch and also giving us a sense of progression. Hero levels are a good start but I cant shake the feeling that all my previous efforts are "zeroed" and I dont really have anything to show for my earlier crawls. Some sort of "passive" bonus applied for every major node built in the last levels. Yes this would eventually lead to quick resource-build-ups but on the other hand the higher levels seem to become bigger and harder as well so might be a fair trade-off. Eventually you ll be forced to stockpile huge amounts of resources to be able to build up a defense in the next level anyway so this might be a way to make starts easier.

I miss the finer aspects of combat to be honest. Once an encounter starts everything is automated. The only way to save a hero is to move him to another room. You cannot hold weaker heroes back or position them accordingly to their role. Once a hero enters a room he will stick to his designated spot. If that spot is close to a door and a wave comes through hes gonna be in melee combat from the start even if his role is ranged,