Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

A daily game mode?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2013, 11:17:23 AM
Hi.

Did you consider the idea to do a game mode like the one in the last version of Spelunky? I mean a daily randomly-generated dungeon, but the same for all the players, with the same events and modules locations in each room, and only one chance to do it. With a leaderboard ruled by the floor and the ending score.

I think it could be fun, and a good way to add some competition and raise the playtime (not sure of my word, "la durée de vie", pour les francophone du coin ^^), although the different paths taken by players could make the contest a little unfair (cause it’s impredictable and based on luck if one player found a good route and another a bad one). But I think, nevertheless, than a good player shoud be able to compensate the random-side of the game.

I don’t know if it’s possible, cause I don’t know how the game deals with the random events (like the waves of monsters who depends of some factors like the number of doors already opened). But it could be fun, no?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2013, 11:55:23 AM
I think it sounds like a nice idea, but I would like to be able to choose to warm up in a normal game before wasting my chance right away.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2013, 12:38:24 PM
Yeah, it's just an idea to the final version of the game. : )

It's clearly not the priority right now! : )
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2013, 3:56:13 PM
Its good to see good ideas funnel in from other games - this case being Spelunkey, off the top of my head.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2013, 7:07:12 PM
A daily challenge like in Spelunky would be great down the road, but I think that would be a nice feature for the future
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2013, 7:30:18 PM
Yeah, it was just a proposition for a future game mode, after the main game mode will be ready! : )

But I would love have multiple game modes. : )
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2013, 8:18:11 PM
lizzardpt wrote:
A daily challenge like in Spelunky would be great down the road, but I think that would be a nice feature for the future

I would actually have to say that the alpha stage is the most important stage for the community to give a studio long term suggestions. I mean, if they know what features we want in the end result, they know how to build the game's foundation to accomodate. So keep the long term suggestions rolling! +1 for this suggestion, too.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 16, 2013, 8:33:44 PM
This is a great suggestion, I think it actually provides a way for the game to offer an online leaderboard without the fear of save-scumming, since it could be made so that there is no "save and continue" part of it. Thus, people who are more competitively inclined could feel they can trust the results of others while not alienating a potential player base from the game.

Definitely +1.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment