Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Extraction spawned right next to the crystal

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 16, 2013, 3:21:03 AM
I think the maps are completely randomly generated so its bound to happen. I've had the exit spawn pretty clod but not right next to it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 16, 2013, 5:33:10 AM
Yeah, it happened to me too. It's just the way the game is. That's a really good time to explore extra rooms so you can collect more resources for the next floors! : )
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 17, 2013, 12:43:59 AM
I'm sure that could be scripted - the exit needing to be a minimum of (3?) rooms away from your starting point.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 18, 2013, 5:46:44 AM
This happened to me a few times. A set minimum of rooms between the crystal and the exit could do the trick, but is it really something we want to "fix"? I mean, the exit spawning right next to the starting room makes the level pretty easy, sure, but it does present a choice to the player. Just go for the exit or explore at least some of the dungeon? I always explore the whole level (I know some players don't but I feel like they're missing out on some goodies there).

What could be done though is having the crystal extraction force open all the door in certain vicinity and make a few waves of fast monsters swarm the player so they have to defend the crystal even for a short distance like that.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 18, 2013, 6:03:24 AM
happened to me a couple of times as well. I tend to find it utterly funny when it is in a room near my crystal but in the last direction I am exploring, not wanting to offer the mobs more venues of invasion than needed....
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 18, 2013, 11:49:49 AM
Same to me, that's why I like Rogue Like and the hudge lucky part in this kind of games. And then that's always a bad idea to take the exit without exploring a little the map before.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 18, 2013, 1:29:00 PM
Hi,

Have you noticed that the exit can be close to the start room but you never find it at the beginning of the level?

It's because we cheated a little bit... ^^

Currently, we dynamically placed the exit when you open a door after X amount of discovered rooms, it's not set at the generation of the level, thus we can't prevent this problem.

We planned to change the system to prevent this situation from happening again smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 21, 2013, 1:48:18 PM
Only happened to me a handful of times, and really it comes as a relief rather than an issue smiley: smile Easy run this time!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment