Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Devs, you rock

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Dec 20, 2013, 11:24:23 PM
Just a little note to devs:

May I say how impressed I have been by how you are handling the development of your games. You would think game designers and developers would be putting their efforts into two things: bringing to life their own dreams and designs in an entertaining and immersing medium, and at the same time creating an enjoyable and rewarding experience for the players. I know often times the true goals can be drowned by the daily beat of the office drum, that the everyday job and monotony can gradually trump the initial reason for starting in this industry in the first place.

It is obvious that you, dear sirs (and ladies?), have not forgotten the reason you develop games, nor us the gamers. Your communications with those who provide thoughtful insight on your current designs are both noble and rare. It's not easy opening your belabored creation to open critique and suggestions, especially from a community of people such as the typical gamers. Not only have you already shown yourself honest on your initial promises, you have already proved yourself adept designers and able professionals.

My hat off to you! You have even at this early stage of this game's development earned my business. I plan to check out what you've made that I have already missed and I am excited to see what you do next. smiley: cool
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 24, 2013, 12:06:43 PM
Starshayd wrote:
Just a little note to devs:

May I say how impressed I have been by how you are handling the development of your games. You would think game designers and developers would be putting their efforts into two things: bringing to life their own dreams and designs in an entertaining and immersing medium, and at the same time creating an enjoyable and rewarding experience for the players. I know often times the true goals can be drowned by the daily beat of the office drum, that the everyday job and monotony can gradually trump the initial reason for starting in this industry in the first place.

It is obvious that you, dear sirs (and ladies?), have not forgotten the reason you develop games, nor us the gamers. Your communications with those who provide thoughtful insight on your current designs are both noble and rare. It's not easy opening your belabored creation to open critique and suggestions, especially from a community of people such as the typical gamers. Not only have you already shown yourself honest on your initial promises, you have already proved yourself adept designers and able professionals.

My hat off to you! You have even at this early stage of this game's development earned my business. I plan to check out what you've made that I have already missed and I am excited to see what you do next. smiley: cool

As a VIP, I can add that the discussions with them are really interesting. Our thoughts are relly taken into account. And the early access of DotE would have been significantlyt different without some of our feedbacks. They have QA, so our feedback is more about how the different mechanics feels. So we discuss a lot more about game design than bugs. Even stardock isn't as "talky" as they are. The main designer of DotE even did a full excell sheets with all of the VIPs proposals and feedbacks, and that was a lot !

As a comparison, I'm in the design council of Warframe, and I can say you that the "design" council is nowhere near the quality of the discussions we have here with Amplitude. And that's from someone that really loves Warframe.

So I'll add my voice to those who want to say that Amplitude is an awesome company.

Kudos !
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 24, 2013, 11:14:57 PM
I have heard that you have the put up with some of the worst bugs before they release anything into the public. One of the benefits of being a VIP. I forgot to say the developers do rock and the help I have seen the in support forum for ES has been really good.

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 24, 2013, 11:20:41 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
As a VIP, I can add that the discussions with them are really interesting. Our thoughts are relly taken into account. And the early access of DotE would have been significantlyt different without some of our feedbacks. They have QA, so our feedback is more about how the different mechanics feels. So we discuss a lot more about game design than bugs. Even stardock isn't as "talky" as they are. The main designer of DotE even did a full excell sheets with all of the VIPs proposals and feedbacks, and that was a lot !

As a comparison, I'm in the design council of Warframe, and I can say you that the "design" council is nowhere near the quality of the discussions we have here with Amplitude. And that's from someone that really loves Warframe.

So I'll add my voice to those who want to say that Amplitude is an awesome company.

Kudos !

Thanks VIP's. smiley: cool
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 25, 2013, 7:07:31 AM
DarkMeph wrote:
I have heard that you have the put up with some of the worst bugs before they release anything into the public. One of the benefits of being a VIP. I forgot to say the developers do rock and the help I have seen the in support forum for ES has been really good.

DarkMeph

You.

Don't.

Want.

To.

Know.

Really.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 25, 2013, 7:54:07 AM
Hmn, I'll throw out a holidaysical bundle of thanks as well. It's kind of something to hunker down into a community and find it still going strong; thanks for the efforts y'all put in, for the dedication to improving your products, and for just generally being cool people. I'll extend that to the community, actually - by and large, this is one of the nicer communities I've had the pleasure of interacting with. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 25, 2013, 1:07:31 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
You.

Don't.

Want.

To.

Know.

Really.

The horror, the horror!

On a serious note, I have to concur. We see things you don't have to see (be glad for it) and most of the time it works, even if we sometimes fail. We are still only human. smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 25, 2013, 1:17:04 PM
it is hard to compare studios since Amp is smaller but I think they are going the way that most game studios should do. I been playing BF4 which EA/DICE developed and there are so many bugs that people were ringing Microsoft for a refund of the BF4 premium in most cases they were getting them granted. I felt that I am glad that I can interact with the developers that work on the games for Amplitude. As EA and Dice community manager was never on the forums and there was a couple of moderators who were rude and uncaring. I think I would like to thank the moderators too as well as the developers

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 28, 2013, 3:22:33 PM
I was very impressed by this game even in alpha and I look forward to the future versions.

Great work and have a super holiday.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 30, 2013, 7:35:23 PM
i hope this game turns out well for amplitude, it is a nice concept and im sure they can make it into a good game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 30, 2013, 7:45:19 PM
I would add in my voice that the developers seem to listen to both us VIPS and the community at large. That is a good thing and you can tell by games2gether and listening to the community they do really care.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 30, 2013, 9:20:33 PM
To be a part of the Amplitude Community feels like being part of a family ; ) we have great Parents who cares about us and many Brothers and Sisters who are helping each other and having a great time together ; )
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 31, 2013, 1:42:03 AM
Sovereign wrote:
To be a part of the Amplitude Community feels like being part of a family ; ) we have great Parents who cares about us and many Brothers and Sisters who are helping each other and having a great time together ; )

Well put brother.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment