Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Saving an alpha trip to level 3 for further game version : any way?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 5, 2014, 11:21:13 AM
Hi I love the game, there are tons of strategies already and the game is only in alpha. I would like to know if there is any way to save a game and keep it for further game developpement (new levels becaus if science comes into play the game would be obsolete).

I just had a good run, finished level 3 (still the crystal to move but fully explored, built, crystal movement should be pretty easy). I have 3 heroes nearlly fully stuff, some items to sell to the next merchant, and 300+ stocks of both food and building gears. It is the only time time I went this far (good merchant combo, lost only one hero, good fast heavy hitter door opener, and good plans for him to be able to reach the fighting room (slow ennemy, 3 turrets, all 3 hero buffs).

Can it be done in anyway, or will the save even if doable be incompatible with further versions?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 5, 2014, 4:59:58 PM
Delrusant wrote:
Hi I love the game, there are tons of strategies already and the game is only in alpha. I would like to know if there is any way to save a game and keep it for further game developpement (new levels becaus if science comes into play the game would be obsolete).

I just had a good run, finished level 3 (still the crystal to move but fully explored, built, crystal movement should be pretty easy). I have 3 heroes nearlly fully stuff, some items to sell to the next merchant, and 300+ stocks of both food and building gears. It is the only time time I went this far (good merchant combo, lost only one hero, good fast heavy hitter door opener, and good plans for him to be able to reach the fighting room (slow ennemy, 3 turrets, all 3 hero buffs).

Can it be done in anyway, or will the save even if doable be incompatible with further versions?

Usually since the next update probably won't bring more rooms but balance and mechanics changes, and maybe item stat changes, your current save would become incompatable or get wiped completely. If you were to back up your current game and try to use it once the game updates, your items and characters stats might be all wonky or it may not load at all.

I'm not too sure of the devs intentions or if they plan on doing wipes during updates. I'm just going off of other games I've been a part of alphas/betas.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 5, 2014, 6:14:35 PM
I wouldn't recommend to try and keep said save, because maybe the next update(s) may be incompatible with this save because of new re-balance features and changes to stats, mechanics, and dungeon construction, so it would be better to just finish the game, give your input to the developers, and wait for the next update to try again. Besides, this is meant to be a rouge-like game so the fun of the game is the random feel of it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 5, 2014, 9:43:20 PM
In the long run, persistence is in the plans, but for now - just enjoy the experience for what it is, your data will be out of date as the game progresses along the development cycle. Probably best to have the devs working on full featured game, that trying to build in backwards compatibility with old alpha saves.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 6, 2014, 1:05:35 PM
That is what I think too, it was more current to next update depending on the devs' plans, not adding functionnality just would it be usefull or worthless (depending on what is updated I suppose)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 6, 2014, 1:21:33 PM
Hi,

Indeed, we can't keep a backwards compatibility at the moment because of the important incoming changes.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment