Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Turret targeting priority

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 26, 2014, 7:36:31 AM
The problem with turrets I find is they target something else while ignoring what they being attacked & because of this they go down very fast. Having slow module with turrets makes things even worse because mobs that act as decoy will stay there longer. I get forced by game to only use turrets where I can place at least 4 & hope what one of them will attack back smiley: frown

My suggestion is to make turrets to attack what ever attacks them first and then all other mobs.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 26, 2014, 10:30:15 AM
The targeting system is a problem for me.

The developers said they will improve the auto-targeting system, but to me it can't replace the manual-targeting.

More than once, I lost a food/prod module because the targeting system focused on the crystal guy when it was not necessary (because behind the room, there was some other rooms who could have deal with him).

I can understand the wish to not have too much micromanagement, but it's all about situation, and the game can't always take the good decision, and I'm personaly feeling frustrated in that kind of situations. :/
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 26, 2014, 2:38:33 PM
I have to agree. Couple of small cubes with crystal guy was always a deadly combo for my turrets.

I like the idea of turrets always focusing on attackers.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 26, 2014, 2:57:43 PM
Ideally we would be given the ability to set targeting priority ourselves. Ideally one default setting for the dungeon with the ability to adjust individual rooms. Then a room without major modules could prioritize those enemies that head straight for the crystal and then those that attack minor modules, while turrets in a room with a major module could prioritize the crystal giants in order to protect the major module.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 26, 2014, 3:06:36 PM
I'd like to see an option to alter a turrets targeting AI with a few options to pick from a list like 'attack first in range' 'attack last in range' 'attack random' 'attack highest hp' 'attack lowest hp' ect. Not the micro of manual targeting, just some tactical choices based on what kind of turrets you put in the room.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 26, 2014, 3:21:11 PM
Personally, I never found it to be a problem, turrets come and go. Yes, I would love for them to never be destroyed, but in the end of the day, they did their job well enough. But regarding the targeting AI, well I am sure it will be fixed, if not changed to a better system.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 26, 2014, 3:57:50 PM
The problem with turrets focused on attackers is the giant one who smash your production modules. You really don't want your turrets focus on attackers when this horrible golem is about to destroy your nice and expensive module. Because these production modules (industry/food) are now far more expensive than just some turrets.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 26, 2014, 8:06:44 PM
Tiphereth wrote:
The problem with turrets focused on attackers is the giant one who smash your production modules. You really don't want your turrets focus on attackers when this horrible golem is about to destroy your nice and expensive module. Because these production modules (industry/food) are now far more expensive than just some turrets.

Good point. I use turrets mainly to weaken enemies before they get to hero choke point which both far away from main modules :P
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 27, 2014, 1:33:53 AM
That is the point of turrets. To either protect major modules, not to be the main line of defense, that is where Heroes come in.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 27, 2014, 5:26:56 AM
k37chup wrote:
Good point. I use turrets mainly to weaken enemies before they get to hero choke point which both far away from main modules :P

Yeah, I'm doing the same, but, well, you know, you can't always prevent the waves to go further. Prevent that is the core of the game, after all. : )
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 27, 2014, 5:54:40 AM
tetracycloide wrote:
I'd like to see an option to alter a turrets targeting AI with a few options to pick from a list like 'attack first in range' 'attack last in range' 'attack random' 'attack highest hp' 'attack lowest hp' ect. Not the micro of manual targeting, just some tactical choices based on what kind of turrets you put in the room.

I think this is a cool idea. But for all we know when they fix targeting AI we may not even need options like this.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment