Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Crystal Wave Baiting

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 28, 2014, 1:48:43 AM
For the love of everything that is holy, do not do this at the end of Floor 4. I opened just about every door, and had a few rooms with defenses to whittle them down before my defensive room & 3 heroes. Hory shet, was I ever wrong. The game said 6 waves had spawned.

It never said anything about each wave being about ~50 creatures. I lasted about 30 seconds. No amount of food in the world could have kept those poor souls alive.smiley: cry
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 28, 2014, 2:11:22 AM
End of floor 4 gets brutal xD When I finally beat it I had shifted to a strongpoint stategy by that point; One room, 3 regen mods, and an atk+ mod with 3 "defensive" characters stationed there (Opbot, nurse Deena, and Gork all lvl 6 with good gear) and had Sara running around opening rooms and then rushing back to help with the defense... By about 20 doors in the waves were getting MASSIVE and it was getting to be all I could do just to hold the line! Luckily I had a huge store of saved up food from floor 3 which i nearly depleted by the time I finally opened that last glorious door. Finished without losing a hero and no door left unopened =D The only way I survived that last stretch though was by powering the line of 4 rooms (I got REALLY lucky with the layout) before my strong point and putting nothing but the puny laser turrets all the way through. It dealt enough dmg to make the waves manageable and was cheap enough that my one Opbot powered Prod mod could keep me from running out of resources. But yeah, those last waves are totally like 30-50 creatures each xD
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 28, 2014, 4:08:24 AM
Didn't have much trouble with 4 heroes in a very small 3 node room with all attack upgrades. When all 6 waves didn't spawn on that path I could usually hold it with 2 even. I think it really comes down to which blueprints you find and which heroes you get. So far for me going pure damage has been much better than any mix of defense, damage, and healing. During the crystal run to the exit I held a room with 6 offensive nodes until the game started lagging really badly, not sure how many waves actually spawned though.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 28, 2014, 4:41:39 AM
I used defensive buffs and attack buffs in my 'choke point' room. But I still used about 150 food. Yeah it's really rough. Just think how much worse it'll be when there's new mobs we have to plan new strategies around. Suicidal bugs that explode and deal damage to everything in the room? Maybe you can't clump up your heroes when you see those coming. or maybe an 'artilary' type unit that shoots at your choke point from one room away and you have to send your heroes into the wave to get rid of it because its shooting your defenses.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 29, 2014, 6:21:47 AM
Oh, I know how difficult the Floor 4 waves are, I've already finished it a few times. This was absolutely nothing like the regular waves. Try and imagine the regular waves, but with 3x more creatures. It was literally a blurred mess from the defensive room to the un-powered rooms. You could not tell the different creatures apart, or one from the dozens in front or behind it, and this was spread over 6+ rooms. If I feel like killing my heroes off again I'll take a screenshot this time.

Keep in mind I had multiple attack modules up, a defensive module up, all heroes were Lvl6 with good gear, all heroes were using all their abilities, and I used all my food while they were fighting. None of it worked.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 29, 2014, 10:16:00 AM
I've now gotten to the point where I'm about 50-50 win/loss chance on the new difficulty... what I have noticed is that the waves on lvl 4 are literally so big it will momentarily halt my heroes, clear whatever move orders I gave them prior, and then stutter stop for a few seconds (which prevents me from issuing new move orders for a moment... a moment that is sometimes juuuust long enough to kill off a hero every now and then. Food healing still seems so work though so I jam both that and the space bar until it calms down xD
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 29, 2014, 7:10:46 PM
Huh, don't think I've encountered that. My PC handles it just fine, at least until the 300+ creatures blurred through all the rooms I could see.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment