Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Second Alpha Feedback

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Feb 1, 2014, 8:43:11 PM
I'll be truthful, my first 5 or 6 playthroughs, I died horribly. I had to relearn how to play the game, but I've beaten it about 6 times now. If you're having trouble, I suggest your first major module be Food.

1. I love the new balancing I've seen in the game. Combat and opening rooms is more tense than before.

2. Having operating modules and repairing them as skills you (sometimes) need to unlock with each character adds some difficulty. I like it, but can impact gameplay a lot, especially if it unlocks at level 3 for both starting heroes

3. Prices for equipment seem a bit more balanced now.

4. I have not found 1 Endless Ruin. I feel sad that one hero I enjoy has a useless ability.

Bugs:

Heros not responding to move commands has killed my party more often than not. Always happens when returning to a room, instead of going into a new room.

Heros and module sometimes do not attack automatically, leading to damage and sometimes death.

Large mobs still have stuttering of movement, mostly to my benefit.

Sometimes, hero who can operate/repair modules does not do so automatically. Have to click them to another room and then bring them back for it to work.

That's it so far, keep up the great work!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 1, 2014, 9:16:56 PM
Ruins aren't in the game yet. You can tell that the ability is not yet functional by the tiny yellow and black construction tape on it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 4, 2014, 4:49:45 AM
I will post my feedback for version 0.1.16 here as well. I really enjoy the game so far. Also, played like 10 times now and succeeded just 3 times. Lets start with the good:

1) Great strategy and character balancing

2) AI is very well balanced

3) Graphics are cool and stylish. Very unique and eccentric feel. Can't wait to see more!

Improvements/ Ideas

1) I always want to save the merchant but sometimes don't have enough dust to power the room. Maybe include a disposable item that goes on a small module slot like a generator that you can find throughout the map. It can light up a random room so that I can keep the merchant alive til the end and cash in on my dust finally!!

2) Maybe add modifiers to the attack and defense mods so that the more you build up of the same type in a room the less effective they become? ( currently 3-4 def or attack mods in a room = god mode)

3) Bug found when I was in a random room with a hero during an enemy assault on that room. I panned to the crystal room and ordered my hero to pick up the crystal, but this ended up glitching the hero such that the hero did not move. In fact the hero became unresponsive to all my commands and continued fighting the mob in the original room. I had to use all my heals and redirect my other heros to the room the keep the glitched hero alive. After all the enemies were dead the hero still did not respond to my commands and just remained in the room. Finally I tried issuing the crystal pickup command to the hero again and it unglitched the hero as the hero ran to the crystal room.

Finally, great work. I am constantly impressed with the innovative and high quality work produced by the brilliant team at Amplitude Studios. You had me hooked with Endless Space and now you have won me over with Dungeons of the Endless. Looking forward to the next additions, and I will be helping out any way I can. Great job!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment