Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Immersive Journey and more Ideas

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Feb 8, 2014, 12:16:43 AM
Well hello there again, I have something, well not unusual, but new to me.

I was playing today, and right before I started my usual play-through, my girlfriend called me on my cellphone, I told her that I was play the game, and she asked me what it was about, well, me being the enthusiastic gamer that I am, told her about basically each and every feature in the game, she was able to understand a lot of it too, so what I decided to do, was take her with me in my Journey through the 5 levels of the Dungeon of The Endless.

What I started by doing was describing her verbally each and every room I came across into, I told her how the room looked, how many doors the room had, how many possible modules and generators were possible to build in each room and I told her about each encounter she had to deal with. Basically meaning I was telling her a story that she could control.

What she did was actually graph out the map on a piece of paper and decided to move along with her choices. She was the one playing, not me, I was merely the pawn of her ideas. And at one point, I decided to have fun with it, and give some interesting aspects to the game. At one point, she and I entered a room in the Laboratory Level, in the background there were Large test tubes, one of them was broken, as soon as she heard that, she yelled at me saying "Power that room!" I wondered why? There was no need, this room was far from being dangerous. She told me that the room was "suspicious, and could be dangerous to leave it dark".

Keep in mind that she has no played the game herself, so when I described the room to her, she actually got passionate about her adventure. She cared about her Heroes, she even gave them back stories, she made Gork the Butcher be a show-off, who only wanted to gain the heart of Nurse Deena. She also made Max O'kane a man that loves Industry, and every time he controlled a Generator, he would be happy and she even went off saying that each character could have conversations with each other.

Now, what does this have to do with the game? Well, very little to be honest, personally, I was fascinated how passionate she was about her journey. And I was thinking about how this immersive experience could enhance the game. I was thinking that Heroes could have relationships with other Heroes. This could mean that some Heroes could have buffs if they meet up with their correspondent "companion". For example, if the OpBot and Nurse Deena worked together in the same team, their Medical Kit skill could be more potent.

Another idea I thought about the relationships was about the kind and types of relationships Heroes could have. Such as Lovers, Best Friends, Nemesis, Co-Workers and many more. And depending on the relationships that the Heroes share could define and change their stats, skills, and passive stats. I was also thinking about Heroes having Dialogue with each other, not voiced of course, but small dialogues that Heroes could have, maybe at the end of a Level, I mean, don't you ever wonder how they end up from their destroyed ship, to that new small room? Maybe in between a small episode could happen and the Heroes could have dialogue with each other, just to add more personalities.

So to recap, my ideas are

1: Heroes having relationships with each other, and having each of this relationships be able to change Heroes's skills, passive skills, and stats.

2: Heroes having small dialogue sessions with each other. Preferably not during combat.

3: More immersive ideals that allows players to actually be passionate about their adventure. Maybe more Hero personalities, and more character descriptions. And possibly a Hardcore Mode that has heavier drawbacks when a Hero dies.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 8, 2014, 12:41:48 AM
That sounds like a very fun playthrough.

I think I remember the devs saying that a certain level of hero personal story would be added into the game. I also seem to recall that eventually we will get a list of 30 heroes.

The dialogue I doubt we'll be able to get. Voice overs cost money and don't seem like something that would be added.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 8, 2014, 2:35:14 AM
It was pretty fun, having her screaming on my ears every time she thought she would lose Sara Numas. And well, I can understand there to not be voice dialogue, but well maybe text dialogue would suffice. We all do get to see a very small glimpse of this whenever we meet a Hero before recruiting it, they say a small sentence that can somewhat describe them. Maybe more of these could be nice.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 8, 2014, 2:39:33 AM
Or if the text you get when you first meet a new hero was reactive to the heroes you already have. A generic message for prisoners, guards or local respectively and a special message for a small number of specific heroes.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 8, 2014, 6:16:41 AM
melkathi wrote:
Or if the text you get when you first meet a new hero was reactive to the heroes you already have. A generic message for prisoners, guards or local respectively and a special message for a small number of specific heroes.

Yeah that would actually be possible, I think that way players can have Favorite characters, I mean, I already have a few, but only because of their small backstory
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment