Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Does attack cooldown actually works?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Feb 7, 2014, 12:48:27 PM
I had a gun guy with Quick Draw weapon (cooldown -0.3) and A Thing (cooldown -0.1), so his cooldown was displayed as 0.5 and DPS was very high, but the problem is that in fact he was shooting way slower than twice per second. Also his effectiveness was very low as well, compared to other heroes with not so high displayed dps, but higher cooldown.

I can understand that hero with high damage and high cooldown can be ineffective due to frequent overkills (finish creatures with low hp, so big part of it's damage wasted), but don't understand how could fast shooter be so uneffective.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 7, 2014, 12:51:23 PM
I have seen Samus and Golgy with very low cooldown go through enemies like kids in a candy store.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 7, 2014, 12:59:16 PM
So far I noticed this problem only with guns characters (Max'O Kane and Nurse Deena). Other characters seem to work well.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 7, 2014, 1:01:46 PM
I'll try to see if I can notice anything next time.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 7, 2014, 2:14:54 PM
that's weird, i did get a quick draw on nurse deena, she was rampaging the waves by herself. Didn't notice any problems.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 7, 2014, 7:35:53 PM
Personally, I feel like skills and stat changes like that need some sort of visual indication of them actually working.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment