Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Skill stacking

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Feb 7, 2014, 4:09:40 PM
With the skills provided by items, I am wondering (but have been unable to test) whether the effect of multiple versions of the same skill stack.

If more than one hero in the room has the Placebo skill, either by being Nurse Deena Ratchet or by having The First Aid Kit, will the +4 Health Regen for all heroes in the room stack, giving +8, +12 etc?

The other question is if a hero who ends up with two versions of a passive skill will get benefits from both: Deena Ratchet carrying The First Aid Kit, Max carrying a Third Eye or Golgy carrying two skill items of the same type?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 7, 2014, 7:33:47 PM
Hmm, personally, I never experienced skill stacking. I once did have Nurse Deena, and Opbot use their First Aid Kit skill at the same time, but no noticeable stacking, at least nothing that I could see with my eyes. Maybe there is, but I am not sure. The only chance I could see stacking in would be using skills with modules that have the same effect as the skill (Health Regen modules+ Health Regen skills) but I'd have to test that out.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 7, 2014, 9:17:07 PM
If they are different bonuses they should stack. My question is if it is the exact same bonus, just like your example with the Paramedic skill.

In previous builds I hadn't noticed Health Regen doing much at all. This build I have the feeling it finally is working smiley: smile I'l see if I can try using two Paramedics at the same time as well. Thanks for reminding me of that possibility.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 10, 2014, 11:11:51 PM
I've noticed that Opbot does repair modules quicker when mobs are still alive when he has a device with repair on it. I do not have any hard proff of this though and would need to test it further. If you really want to know if skills stack or not, try stacking Deena and Max's Shout/Yell skill. (+15 to attack and defense if I remember right.) You should be able to visibly see if the two skills stack each other or not in the character menu's.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 11, 2014, 2:08:46 AM
Endless_Despair wrote:
I've noticed that Opbot does repair modules quicker when mobs are still alive when he has a device with repair on it. I do not have any hard proff of this though and would need to test it further. If you really want to know if skills stack or not, try stacking Deena and Max's Shout/Yell skill. (+15 to attack and defense if I remember right.) You should be able to visibly see if the two skills stack each other or not in the character menu's.

I think that's normal. Your buildings will also build slower when mobs are still spawned as well.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 11, 2014, 6:22:00 AM
I feel like this needs to be addressed in a different way. Maybe the Developers could include some sort of Damage Display, and that could be also used for other skills.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 11, 2014, 8:45:43 AM
i can confirm it for max and his skill Pilfer(+2 Dust in rooms with dust).

The same skill is on the third eye(i hope thats the right name). Just to test it out i gave him the eye and he finds now +4 Dust in rooms with Dust smiley: biggrin. The skill also appears two times in his status page. Very helpfull. Much Dust. Wow! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 11, 2014, 9:54:37 AM
Well, I confirmed a weird bug, I gave Gork the Butcher the Medic Kit, which unlocks the Repair ability, the icon appears on his persona, but when he is in a room with a module or generator that needs repairing, he does not repair it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 11, 2014, 6:42:06 PM
DaveyAlcala@live.com wrote:
Well, I confirmed a weird bug, I gave Gork the Butcher the Medic Kit, which unlocks the Repair ability, the icon appears on his persona, but when he is in a room with a module or generator that needs repairing, he does not repair it.

could you try that in different sized rooms? There is a bug I think with non interactable modules in tiny rooms
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 11, 2014, 7:40:10 PM
I will have to test that out, so far I haven't encountered that problem with Heroes with the skills being integrated by leveling and not by Items
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 12, 2014, 9:20:06 AM
Hi,

Yes, the passive effects stack (except "abilities" like repairing)!

However, there is a bug with the repairing skill for Gork and Troe. It will be fixed in the next update smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 12, 2014, 3:09:23 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
Hi,

Yes, the passive effects stack (except "abilities" like repairing)!

However, there is a bug with the repairing skill for Gork and Troe. It will be fixed in the next update smiley: smile

I found an interesting small bug with the Repairing skill, if a Hero already has the repairing skill, and then has a Device Item equipped that also unlocks the Repairing skill, the Hero has two icons to show for it
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment