Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

G2G Votes, your opinions?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 6, 2014, 8:14:35 AM
Hey there guys, been a while since I made a thread, but I just saw the newest G2G choices for us all to vote. And I have to say, I sure do want more Heroes into the game, but what is another essential part of the game? The enemies of course, the enemies make the game be playable, and we are lacking on them, we have less than 15 models guys and gals. Personally, I voted for more enemies because I want to see more genius artwork in the shape of alien-like creatures. What will you vote, and if you already voted, what did you voted for? smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 6, 2014, 8:40:52 AM
I have voted for more enemies.

I especially am missing something like boss-monsters!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 6, 2014, 5:42:59 PM
I agree, I would like to see more enemies but only if they are a new enemy type. Like a high defense, high hp, low dps enemy that goes straight for the crystal. Or some stronger module attacking enemies than just the small crystal guys. Also, it would be cool to see some enemies that avoid the heroes and run to empty rooms or rooms that are powered but don't have a hero in them and they start to attack the modules. This might be more difficult to engineer though.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 9, 2014, 6:36:05 AM
I voted modules - though I was going to vote heroes until I really though about which would be most beneficial to the game in the long run. Enemies are mostly just cosmetic, Heroes add some gameplay elements provided they 're slightly different. though modules add the most variety of gameplay which I'd think would make the most sense for a game like this.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 9, 2014, 7:34:53 AM
The heroes. Monsters keep coming all the time. Modules, eventually we got them. But heroes, it's a rare thing, you almost never choose who you got, so they shape your gameplay, and you crave them, you keep saving that food for give an specific hero a level up, you end up thinking 'lets do it gork! you can make it without a single heal!'. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 9, 2014, 9:14:35 AM
Monsters! With the endless waves coming in it really gets a bit bland when it's always the same critters over and over.

Imho we already have a sufficient amount of modules, the only thing really missing is a safespot for the merchant. but I'd rather have additional enemies than yet another module I'm neither researching nor building.

Heroes? well new heroes is always good, more random possibilities, I'm ok with that.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 9, 2014, 6:25:48 PM
Voted for monsters.

More monsters will allow for more variation in levels - possibly making monsters relate to the environment and help tell part of the "dungeon's" story.

Heroes will always be nice, but replayability for me will depend on an interesting overal experience and not just a slightly different party set-up: give me a dungeon I'll want to re-explore and once I have that, give me more options on how to go about exploring (and who with).

When the G2G module vote was going I think roughly a third of all suggestions were by me :P Still, I don't see more modules being the thing we need right now. We already have enough modules we never use... What major modules do people build? I only build food and industry ones. Not the LAN one and not the Science one. They are just a waste of resources and major module slots. Minor modules? Deffinitly not building all of those, or wasting resources researching the ones I don't like.

Before, when blueprints were still found randomly, you might have ended up building some modules you otherwise wouldn't have, because they were what you had available. Right now though with research? You'll research the one thing in the list you do want and ignore the rest.

More modules would just add more things I don't use. Better to make what we already have useful first.

A larger monster variety will then allow for a greater module variety. And possibly provide inspiration for more heroes.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 9, 2014, 10:26:39 PM
I need Heroes! They are gotta be larger than life! Thx Bonnie.

Seriously: I hesitated a lot. But I didn't try all modules, so why more.

Before more monsters, maybe they have to be distributed differently. They are "mostly just cosmetic", more or less.

And a boss should not be submitted to vote. We need a boss like we need heroes!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 9, 2014, 11:23:08 PM
You want to turn this into a battle of the bands?

So be it!

Challenge accepted!

I see your Bonnie and counter-attack with:

The Stranglers

0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 6:37:23 AM
What have I started..?

Personally I have to agree with a lot of people saying Monsters, I mean, they are not just cosmetic icons that just look pretty in the screen. Yes, they are not playable and have no "character" but I mean, look at them, they are all so unique so far, so vivid with color and shape, they deserve some more loving :3
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 6:46:02 AM
DaveyAlcala@live.com wrote:
What have I started..?

Personally I have to agree with a lot of people saying Monsters, I mean, they are not just cosmetic icons that just look pretty in the screen. Yes, they are not playable and have no "character" but I mean, look at them, they are all so unique so far, so vivid with color and shape, they deserve some more loving :3

Well, the almost infinite variations of loving them with swords, spears, lasers, kinetic ballistic weaponry, cutlery, animal-remains-made-arms and (I hope) maybe some martial arts in the future might get across as being overbearing in our love for the monsters.

I just voted for more of them so that we have more monsters to share our "love" with. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 6:53:10 AM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Well, the almost infinite variations of loving them with swords, spears, lasers, kinetic ballistic weaponry, cutlery, animal-remains-made-arms and (I hope) maybe some martial arts in the future might get across as being overbearing in our love for the monsters.

I just voted for more of them so that we have more monsters to share our "love" with. smiley: stickouttongue

Yes, I am still hoping to see new creatures that are using tools to defend themselves, maybe some Necrophages, or other Prisoners. And that is without mentioning the Boss battles that we are supposed to encounter one day.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 7:20:03 AM
or other Prisoners

Mind controlled prisoners.

And a mind controlling boss creature smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 7:45:38 AM
melkathi wrote:
Mind controlled prisoners.

And a mind controlling boss creature smiley: smile

Mind controlled prison guards, prisoners that have some sort of mutation. Giant versions of some of the monsters we have already seen, like the Crystal Creature.

Maybe the devs will allow us to choose or suggest new creatures o:
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 8:02:51 AM

Nosferatiel wrote:

I am still hoping to see new creatures that are using tools to defend themselves, maybe some Necrophages, or other Prisoners.

With this strong arguments I regret almost my vote.. Next time let's make the thread before the vote!

But now, I want to see how new heroes share their love! smiley: biggrin

What have I started..?

I couldn't resist, sorry! Just one more.. smiley: redface

melkathi wrote:
You want to turn this into a battle of the bands?

So be it!

Challenge accepted!

You surprised me, I expected Tina Turner!

I see your The Stranglers and counter-attack with:

THE Bowie.

0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 8:40:47 AM
Damn. You already know the counter!

So if you are now expecting Tina Turner, you are one move ahead of me (I expected Bowie but not your expectation of Turner). I am foiled again!

Though the real counter to Bowie is Bowie: Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars:

So where were the spiders...

Bowie's lyrics there are obvious in their meaning: we need more Necrophage monsters smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment