Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

"Me First" inventory items exploit

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 1:48:58 AM
The exploit is that you can wait for one character to be close to death, pause, take the item off them, put it on someone else, and not worry about them dying, despite them being very close to death. You can do this for all your characters, until the last one has no one to pass the scarf/armani suit/foam to.

Would it be possible to not allow inventory switching when there are enemies in the same room as the character? This would remove the temptation to micromanage inventories in the middle of a nasty firefight.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 1:59:45 AM
It worked for you? Aggro wasn't switching when I was trying it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 2:13:39 AM
It switches, but after about a hit or two. If you switch immediately prior to death, they'll get hit and die.

I used it in the same way I used running out of the room.... but you keep the damage they're doing.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 7:40:12 AM
Ok. Maybe I wasn't pacient enough and didn't notice smiley: smile

When the item first got introduced in the VIP build I thought about this, tried it a couple of times and didn't seem to pull it off. Then I thought about it some more and decided that even if it does turn out work, it is such a hassle, that anyone who does it just punishes themselves with arduous micromanagement smiley: wink

An alternative to no item swapping would be the skills only getting added before a door is opened, during the no-turn. That would allow the equipping of items you just looted etc, but prevent the specific exploit.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 8:34:38 AM
I remember having brought the exact same issue up in the VIP-Forums some time ago and the conclusion seemed that they were going to prevent item-switching during combat (when there's monsters alive).

I don't know if they still remember that they said they were going to do it or if they have forgotten about it.

Bringing it up again like you just did might increase the chance of them getting aware of this issue again.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 11:46:53 AM
Ail wrote:
I remember having brought the exact same issue up in the VIP-Forums some time ago and the conclusion seemed that they were going to prevent item-switching during combat (when there's monsters alive).

I don't know if they still remember that they said they were going to do it or if they have forgotten about it.

Bringing it up again like you just did might increase the chance of them getting aware of this issue again.

This exploit is relatively minor honestly compared to a bigger one.

Take Gort. Give him Riot Gear and the 99gig. He's a walking tank, though walking is pushing it. More like he's a standing tank that can slowly inch around the level XD (1 move speed till level 6) However you can drop his gear and make him move quickly to defend another area just to put it back on the second he enters a room. Works just like switching to your knife/melee weapon in many First Person Shooters XD
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 12:13:21 PM
Yeah, putting all the super-tanky but slowing stuff on Gork and then stripping him while he's moving also sounds quite exploity.

But this also could be fixed by "no-equipping when monsters are active".
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment