Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Just for the score

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 21, 2014, 3:33:55 PM
Hi all, just a little post to know if we will have explanation about how the score works?

because it seems impossible to exceed 8,000 points:

like any 8-bit games, play for the highest score is the spirit of these games, i hope we will have explanation as soon as possible smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 21, 2014, 8:17:06 PM
HI, I'm not sure that 8000 is the maximun score at the moment cause I remenber that I read in the topic talking about difference between too easy and easy mode that the score is halfed on too easy and I got more than 4000 in too easy like you can see on this screen

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/613919017473986305/EA33952D57613BE20926E9BA6A2DB415514985D3/1024x578.resizedimage

But I'm joining you on the willing to know more about the score system.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 21, 2014, 9:28:28 PM
Yeah, it would be really nice to have the details of the score. So we could try to play differently on the next games. : )
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 21, 2014, 11:43:00 PM
Happy to see that i'm not alone who want more information on that subject

yes it's will be nice to have a general indication , like how many point for an open door, for a research etc...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 22, 2014, 1:15:34 AM

just to confirm that you can get kinda easy over 8k score i would say the most easy way to get a high score is finish each level and the game with a lot of stuff left (IND,SCI.FOOD) 12k score i got with 400 INd and 1350 FOOD and X SCI (don't remember) left, the last screenshot is my time run try (how ever you wanna call it) i put that in to show that i guess that getting the game fast finish seems not to get you any bonus score right now
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 23, 2014, 2:16:46 AM
/#/dungeon-of-the-endless/forum/46-general/thread/17162-lets-brag-showoff

that's a really old thread but in there near the end are some ideas how the score get count even a dev said some thing smiley: biggrin (nothing really useful but at least xD) i don't think anything got changed about the score counting til now anyway i also don't think the score is so importent right now because the game keep changing and the dev would have always to adjust the score counting
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 23, 2014, 7:01:21 AM
From the release note thread :

[0.1.0] Changed score computation: 10 points per opened door + 1 point per killed mob

[0.2.0] New score calculation: it is now based on the number of doors open, FIS gathered, killed mobs, Dust lost, heroes lost and FIS left at the end; we decided not to take the time factor into account and continue to display it as a second value

I made yesterday a high score based on killed mod

The score could have been infinite because I simply keep waiting the mob several minutes after taking the crystal, and the continuous waves of mob was crushed at the entrance of a middle room with 3 claymore mine and 2 Monster-Slow-Module (all level 4).

I stopped because the game was beginning to be very slow with various display/control bug, and was happy to reach the end before a game crash.

To avoid this kind of situation, I'd prefer wave that become more en more powerful (a HP mob bonus based upon the number of mob in play ?)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 24, 2014, 11:15:15 AM
Hi,

The score calculation is likely to change but the current formula is:

Door opened * 10 + FIS gathered + Killed mobs - Dust lost - Heroes lost * 100

At the end:

+ FIS left over * 3 * Difficulty coefficient (easy: 0,5 ; normal: 1)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 24, 2014, 6:29:31 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
Hi,

The score calculation is likely to change but the current formula is:

Door opened * 10 + FIS gathered + Killed mobs - Dust lost - Heroes lost * 100

At the end:

+ FIS left over * 3 * Difficulty coefficient (easy: 0,5 ; normal: 1)

Easy and normal, eh? There only is "Too easy" and "Easy"!
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 25, 2014, 7:33:32 PM
Thanks for the details! : )

Will these informations be include in the ending screen in the next versions of the game?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 26, 2014, 10:05:06 AM
Hi,

As you suggest in this post, we plan on giving more details and stats about each game and your player profile/summary.

I don't think the exact computation will be displayed on this screen, but it will be available in the wiki.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 28, 2014, 3:12:50 AM
Hi Mysterarts, thx for info.

it would be nice to know the score also for abandoned game, because for the moment we have no idea of our score if we leave the game before the end.

In any case, congratulations for this game, the more I play the more I like
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 3, 2014, 7:47:45 AM

^^ No mods, no tricks, no nothing. I blame luck in the disposition of the rooms.

And a little skill. :P
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment