Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Wave spawning mechanics

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Apr 4, 2014, 3:43:47 PM
question about the spawning of mob waves and room distribution: any idea how the number of waves and their distribution is determined? is it affected by the number of candidate (dark & unoccupied) rooms? can more than one wave spawn in the same room?

the bottomline is that I'm trying to figure out if the number of spawnable rooms actually affects the number of waves. i.e. if I have two dark rooms does that limit the spawns to two waves max or are X waves crammed into those two rooms.

thank you for your comments in advance.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 4, 2014, 9:43:50 PM
You can look in the XMLs to find this. It's based on the number of doors you've opened on a floor, the floor you are on, and maxes out at the number of dark rooms without a hero in them that exist.

In other words, it changes at certain points as you open doors, increases in strength the more doors you open, and spawns as many as it can with what unoccupied dark rooms you have available.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 7, 2014, 3:32:12 PM
thanks. someday I'll examine those XML files. I paid closer attention yesterday and in all cases each dark/unoccupied room would only spawn one wave, if any, as you say.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment