Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Ukrainian localization for DotE

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 30, 2014, 12:16:51 AM
What do think about ukrainian localization of DotE? Is it possible to expect on this?(even by the community)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 30, 2014, 10:08:19 AM
Since localization is completely modable, it just depends if someone feels like doing it.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 30, 2014, 11:19:49 AM
Xray_StyleZ wrote:
What do you mean? Can you explain more specifically?
Since localization is stored in xml files as plain text, you'd just have to replace the english sentences with whatever native language you'd wish to add to the game.

The files can be found here:

[code]Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dungeon of the Endless\Public\Localization[/code]
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 30, 2014, 11:34:27 AM
That's great, but there is one problem - Cyrillic fonts. But... I was not talking about "pirate" localization. I said about an official localization which will support by developers...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 30, 2014, 1:20:32 PM
Xray_StyleZ wrote:
That's great, but there is one problem - Cyrillic fonts. But... I was not talking about "pirate" localization. I said about an official localization which will support by developers...
Well I believe they are already in the game now: /#/dungeon-of-the-endless/forum/46-general/thread/17160-russain-language-in-dote

As for the 'pirate' localization: Amplitude does not have the resources to translate the game into a whole variety of languages, thus additional languages can be provided by the community - as happened with endless space.

Which basically mean you translate the xml and convince amplitude to include it in the official build (and then your languages gets its own fancy folder inside the localization subdirectory smiley: smile )
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 30, 2014, 2:41:44 PM
adder wrote:
thus additional languages can be provided by the community - as happened with endless space.

That's what I'm talking about. Me and my friends could translate DotE into Ukrainian. That is when we will do the translation the developers will add(perhaps) this translation to the package localizations? I would be glad if you gave me ansewer smiley: biggrin

Sorry I ask so many questions...smiley: zipper Just I am very interested in this issue.

P.S.: I also just tested Cyrillic fonts... so they are, but they are missing some letters, unique to Ukrainian language. For example, "ІіЄєҐґЇї".
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 31, 2014, 10:22:41 AM
If you ask the devs kindly to add in these letters, I'm sure there's a high chance they'll get supported.

That's what I'm talking about. Me and my friends could translate DotE into Ukrainian. That is when we will do the translation the developers will add(perhaps) this translation to the package localizations? I would be glad if you gave me ansewer smiley: biggrin
If you could provide a decent translation I'd see no issues in getting it inside the game.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 2, 2014, 7:50:02 PM
Xray_StyleZ wrote:

Sorry I ask so many questions...smiley: zipper Just I am very interested in this issue.

P.S.: I also just tested Cyrillic fonts... so they are, but they are missing some letters, unique to Ukrainian language. For example, "ІіЄєҐґЇї".

Hello,

We will add the Ukrainian chars in a next version. Stay tuned ^^
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 13, 2014, 9:45:51 PM
Hey. When will you add fonts? We almost translated. But the difficulty lies in the fact that we can not normally test and select "phrase in size for windows of game" without fonts.

Thank you.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 20, 2014, 11:38:12 PM
The Ukrainian characters have been added to the DotE fonts and will be available in our next update. Thanks for your patience!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment