Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

DotE on iOS?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
May 1, 2014, 2:29:46 PM
Just a quick question, really. Will DotE be released on iOS? Its graphics certainly should be compatible with the iOS system!

It would be great to bimble around being massacred all the time lol
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
May 2, 2014, 5:27:36 PM
Hm... I think that would be interesting but probably only possible at iPad like devices (mobiles having too little screen). I'd love if those 2 could somehow synchronize their progress although I admit it is probably unrealistic.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 4, 2014, 2:49:14 PM
I would really like to see a PSVita port: this game would be awesome on that platform.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 2:50:26 PM
Wredniak2003 wrote:
Hm... I think that would be interesting but probably only possible at iPad like devices (mobiles having too little screen). I'd love if those 2 could somehow synchronize their progress although I admit it is probably unrealistic.

I think you're greatly underestimating developer ingenuity here.

Also it is not like the graphics are too complex and detailed to work well on a mobile.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 4:17:34 PM
trashcondor wrote:

Also it is not like the graphics are too complex and detailed to work well on a mobile.

i have no doubt that graphics would work. What I think wouldn't on mobile is putting all those thing is little screen. I think you would have to either have 1-2 rooms on screen max which would make navigation complicated and involve a lot of scrolling. If you decided to fit many rooms on screen it would have to be less detailed and imo too small to work well. I'm not saying it is impossible to fit it on iphone but that it would never work as well as on PC or Ipad.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 10, 2014, 12:53:24 PM
trashcondor wrote:

I don't see how anyone would wanna play such a rich game on such a small screen tbh. The moment I got my iPad I Immediately ceased all app-gaming on my iPhone. It'd have to be "dumbed down" in the end to appeal to a wider audience as well.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 10, 2014, 10:29:51 PM
I usually don't care about iOS gaming and anything of the sort but I must admit, DotE would work great on such devices. And I'm pretty sure the devs are indeed planning to expand into that market one day.

...hopefully after full pc release smiley: sarcastic
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 11, 2014, 12:25:00 AM
Inquisitioner wrote:
I don't see how anyone would wanna play such a rich game on such a small screen tbh. The moment I got my iPad I Immediately ceased all app-gaming on my iPhone. It'd have to be "dumbed down" in the end to appeal to a wider audience as well.

I got Xcom EU on my Nexus7 and its awesome! I'm not sure how much content was lost but it's still a super fun game to play. I think the core game of DotE would be perfect tablets, maybe at a loss at some maps though, like the Drakken level.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment