Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Is there a way to zoom in/out in view

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
May 6, 2014, 2:58:42 PM
I've been playing DotE for a few days now and I like what I see, only at times I'd like to see more of it. Meaning, the map gets quite expansive and I find myself jumping from one end to the other, is there any way to see more map at one time by zooming out? If there is not a function for viewing more or less of the map, could there be? Please.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 7, 2014, 8:50:18 PM
Sadly all I can do at this moment is agree with you, as I have not found a "map" button. If you watch at the end of one of the trailers for DotE it looks like the screen "zooms out". Hopefully this will be an upcoming feature cause I would love to use it as well.

-ZR
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 8, 2014, 12:23:48 AM
Apparently the devs are dead set against zooming the map out at all, believing the added difficulty adds to the experience. Personally I think it only detracts from the experience, and makes the beautiful pixel art ugly as the pixel perfect resolution does not work.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 8, 2014, 4:11:59 AM
I have to agree as well.

It would be very nice to be able to zoom out at least a bit. 25-50% perhaps?

I would suggest an added penalty of not showing damage bars on modules and not showing Dust drops in darkened rooms. Maybe even prevent ordering Heroes around while zoomed out.

The other option I would not mind is being able to set waypoints that can be hotkeyed and/or have an onscreen marker (like for the exit) that can be clicked.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 12, 2014, 10:24:50 AM
Hi,

In this sense, we planned to add a tactic map that displays on the screen the entire floor smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 14, 2014, 3:58:49 AM
That is way better than zooming in/out, thank you! With a "tactic map" I'm sure opened rooms will populate the map as one moves along and there would be some sort of ally/enemy indicator in said rooms. I'm just excited to see what develops. Thanks again for responding, I can't wait for more game updates.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 14, 2014, 1:19:35 PM
Hi,

I'm sorry, I think I didn't express myself very clearly, the tactic map isn't a mini map: you will access it by scrolling (like a zoom out) to see the entire level at the screen.

This format will allow us to display a lot of information and you will be able to use it to move very quickly in the floor.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 14, 2014, 5:35:58 PM
I see. That would make more sense in the large scope of things, considering on higher floors there would be to many rooms to contain( and remain legible) in a mini map with out taking up the entire screen. Would there be a "click and drag" function while scrolling in order to return to standard view over a room, or some sort of "point and click" to quickly snap into standard view over a room? I appreciate that you resolved my confusion. Again, thanks for the response and I'm looking forward to more DotE.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 15, 2014, 1:06:50 PM
Hi,

Yes, there will be a "point and click" function smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment