Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

New ability suggestion: Module Emulation

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Apr 29, 2014, 1:53:06 PM
I would like to suggest the following hero ability:

Module Emulation (type)

The hero becomes stationary for 10 seconds and creates the effect of a particular small module. Cooldown: 2 turns

The module type is fixed by ability; but more than 1 ability may exist, exposing different types. This would allow a (robot?) hero to, for example, pretend to be a Neurostun Module for 10 seconds. If the appropriate module is not researched, then it would emulate a level 1 module. If a higher level of the module is already researched, then the emulated module would be of that higher level. The hero is stationary, cannot attack, but otherwise still has his defense and hitpoints as normal. While emulating the hero does not draw aggro as a hero but only as a module.

A potential higher level passive skill that could be associated with a hero with Module Emulation may allow the hero to act as if it is "operating" the emulated module at the same time - thereby applying wit to increase the efficiency of the emulated module.

This is not really intended to have offensive modules, but instead have supportive modules available - either to augment rooms with few module nodes, or to allow on-the-fly enhancements of crucial combat areas. Imagine an Autodoc IV augmented by wit to double the effect; but the trade-off is that the hero isn't available to kill mobs directly.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 30, 2014, 3:15:14 PM
Thanks smiley: smile - I think there are plenty of abilities that give a direct benefit to combat; I want to promote more abilities that can be used for creative problem solving.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 16, 2014, 9:28:49 PM
Really good idea. I only have one question, how would you select the module you want to emulate?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment