Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Just a quick question.

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 3, 2014, 5:44:08 PM
What's the rationale behind the most recent hero changes? I'm not really complaining about it given that I generally use random heroes anyway but it was really nice to get that lucky start from time to time with someone who could operate modules.

Edit: Apparently now none of them get operator skill at level 2 either. Now I'm annoyed.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 3, 2014, 6:05:47 PM
They wanted operate to feel more like a decision and less like a necessity.

So they changed how it works.

Heros now have to stay within the room that they operate or they have to recharge their operation for another turn.

But for this to make sense operate was also buffed in effect. This on the other hand made it too strong on the heros who start with it right away or get it on level 2.

So it was moved to level 3 or 4 for many heros. This means you have to progress a little without operate before you can make massive use of it.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 3, 2014, 6:29:21 PM
So basically they've made it that way to increase the difficulty on the first couple levels. Which still doesn't make much sense to me.

I understand the changes in the context of not having to feel bound by operating modules but removing the ability to do so at lower levels (which I always have, when available) feels like a clunky solution. Under the old system, nobody was forcing you to use an operator, it just happened to work out that way for the first few levels (at least for me). However, once you got higher up in level, you had to pick and choose when and where to operate (if at all) in order to succeed, which is exactly the kind of decision the devs apparently wanted to create by making these most recent changes.

IMO if they really wanted to change the way operating works they could've done it in a much better way that doesn't tie the hands of players who use operate early on.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 3, 2014, 8:14:57 PM
I agree. I don't think that having it earlier would hurt at all. The difficulty could just be increased otherwise.

The change to how operate works would probably make early-game with only 2 heros evon more interesting.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 3, 2014, 8:48:41 PM
Ail wrote:
I agree. I don't think that having it earlier would hurt at all. The difficulty could just be increased otherwise.

The change to how operate works would probably make early-game with only 2 heros evon more interesting.

As is stands right now it makes my stockpiling strategy not as effective in most circumstances. I've also found that very rarely you run into a 3rd hero on the first level now. That being said I'm already finding workarounds. I would still prefer if some heroes could operate at early levels but change it so that at later levels the changes that are now in place (greater output but needing to remain there), as well as perhaps some kind of "specialized operator" upgraded version of the passive skill wherein you get the greater output but only for a certain kind of module, or the first module they operate on a new floor is the one they have to stick with until the next floor.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 3, 2014, 8:50:07 PM
My workaround has been to just throw all of the food on the hero that eventually gets it while leaving the explorer at level 1 for the time beeing.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 3, 2014, 9:30:35 PM
I could be wrong considering I've only played 1 game since the update, but I started with Troe and Warden, and am fairly certain Warden still gets operate at lvl 2.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 3, 2014, 9:41:46 PM
Zerrigan wrote:
I could be wrong considering I've only played 1 game since the update, but I started with Troe and Warden, and am fairly certain Warden still gets operate at lvl 2.

I think he is supposed to get operate at 3. I played with him quite a lot in the VIP build, but now my mind draws a complete blank smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 4, 2014, 7:08:28 AM
Zerrigan wrote:

Nah, I checked all the heroes (with the exception of one or two who never seem to live long enough lol) and none of them get operate until at least level 3.

I will say I like that certain objects can give the ability to operate by equipping them but I'd still prefer some heroes to have operate like they used to rather than having to rely on luck.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 4, 2014, 7:13:39 AM
Part of the operate change goes into the whole persistance thing though: unlock the heroes and next time choose a starting team that most fits your style.

Though heroes like Mornish or Rakya, who ould be best suited to operate a module at a choke point, have seriously reduced usefullness considering how quickly a major module will get destroyed if mobs eneter the room.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 4, 2014, 8:50:01 AM
melkathi wrote:
Part of the operate change goes into the whole persistence thing though: unlock the heroes and next time choose a starting team that most fits your style.

Though heroes like Mornish or Rakya, who would be best suited to operate a module at a choke point, have seriously reduced usefulness considering how quickly a major module will get destroyed if mobs enter the room.

That, along with the fact that the difficulty is seriously out of control right now, is making it nigh-impossible for me to get past floor 2 and the main reason I am getting fed up with playing right now.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment