Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Door Openers

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 5, 2014, 9:58:46 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the door opener mobs? Whenever one of them spawns, I try to go after it, but nothing is there. I open the door that the "ALERT" shows up on and there's nothing inside, but more of them show up, spawning more mobs and slaughtering my entire team. Is it an actual enemy that needs to be killed, or am I just moving too slowly?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 6, 2014, 12:04:07 AM
I can't say I've had any troubles with them, at least so far anyway. What you're looking for is a 'goblin on a rhino' and they do move kinda slowly. Basically they'll beeline to that alert from the usual un-powered room and proceed to knock down that door. I would probably suggest, if you're having troubles finding them, just keep an eye on that door and wait for them to stumble into your heroes.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 6, 2014, 8:43:07 AM
Hi,

In fact, the alert shows you the door targeted by the Door Opener!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 6, 2014, 2:17:34 PM
Haven't ran into a door opener yet but this is definitely helpful so kudos. What floor do door openers start spawning at?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 6, 2014, 4:23:56 PM
The mob distribution is now random but you can encouter Door Openers only from Level 5!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 6, 2014, 4:48:18 PM
insanityscribe wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble with the door opener mobs? Whenever one of them spawns, I try to go after it, but nothing is there. I open the door that the "ALERT" shows up on and there's nothing inside, but more of them show up, spawning more mobs and slaughtering my entire team. Is it an actual enemy that needs to be killed, or am I just moving too slowly?

Works like a timer -as far as I know. If you don't kill the mobs quickly, in due time it will break up the door, spawning more mobs. Focus on kill the mobs as fast as possible. smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 9, 2014, 9:08:06 PM
Thanks guys! I haven't gotten a chance to actually see them since I learned all this (I tried this morning and got slaughtered on floor 5) but I'm glad you could all help. Now here's another question: what on EARTH are those huge white-marshmallow things that can attack the crystal from other rooms? I took down two of them the other day on floor 9 and they are honestly one of the more horrifying things I've seen in this game. I wish somebody would update the DoE wikia.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 10, 2014, 8:53:06 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
The mob distribution is now random but you can encouter Door Openers only from Level 5!

Would I be correct assuming that this is so the player has time to build a well-rounded team before then? That's awfully far into the game for someone who wants to practice against the game mechanic.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 10, 2014, 9:19:05 PM
Completed a play through and had a good share of door openers popping up, having this heads up and know I had to wait for them helped tremendously.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment