Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

So umm.. Any point operating lan/tactical module?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 19, 2014, 11:39:40 PM
Okay...so do Tactical Modules give the flat bonus while not operated? Or do they have to be operated in order to get the bonus? And do Tactical Modules get a Wit bonus while operated? I really wish there was somewhere to read up on all the specifics of this smiley: frown
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 22, 2014, 12:58:58 PM
I always use mechanical pals in hero operated and unoperated rooms, the wit stacks. Having a Tactical Hud IV, mechanical pal IV and a hero operating the Hud with 11-13 wit pumps out one hell of a dmg/dps boost, add a +ap% IV minor module in the choke room and the results are just ridiculous lol..

Still haven't bothered with a LAN module, my strategy usually keeps my major modules in safe range and hardly ever get destroyed.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 21, 2014, 4:33:15 PM
You know... you can check your heroes stats when you build them. LAN doesn't give feedback like this, but seriously --- the mechanics for HUD are not *that* opaque. It's not hard to figure out that they stack.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 21, 2014, 1:35:06 AM
Two words: Mechanical Pal

I think Fabs was hinting at this: Mechanical Pals will operate the major module in their room even if there is no operator hero. This is huge for resource production: a Generator module produces +1 resource per 2 wit operating it.

Mechanical Pal IV gives +6 wit, or +3 resources per. Each pal costs 16, so it pays for itself with six door openings.

Even at tier I, Mechanical Pal gives +3 wit. Because the game rounds up the wit bonus on each generator, that's +2 resources for the first Mechanical Pal I on each generator (but only +1 resource for the second).

It's the same idea with HUDs, LANs, Emergency Generators (I haven't gathered enough data to prove this one works, though I have no reason to doubt that it does), or the Shop major module. More/better mechanical pals: More bonus.

Fabs wrote:
Try to have 6 or 7 HUDs with the operational bots and at least one manned by Opbot or Mormish! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 3:54:30 AM
Good stuff guys, thank you. I did not realize it changes in the hero's info box. All we need is a few extra details like Life Regen, and I'll have everything I need for calculating a perfect team!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 1:22:02 AM
NoirMongoose wrote:
Okay...so do Tactical Modules give the flat bonus while not operated? Or do they have to be operated in order to get the bonus? And do Tactical Modules get a Wit bonus while operated? I really wish there was somewhere to read up on all the specifics of this smiley: frown

If I read the numbers correctly, at level 1 Tactical Modules give a flat 18% bonus when not operated by a hero. When operated, they provide an additional 1.2% per tier of wit of the operating hero.

The flat bonus seems to increase with every rank of the module. The operating wit bonus seems to also increase for the rank 4 module.

Of course I may have been reading the info wrong.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 12:53:30 AM
ResonanceMask wrote:
Cause ya know, operation bonus stops when enemies come in the room and heroes start fighting them smiley: stickouttongue Is that intentional?

Mysterarts wrote:
Indeed, you have to place these modules in rooms without mob: the goal is to force you to split your team smiley: wink

This is how I use my tactical modules, I've never really used the LAN modules.

My trick using tactical modules is after finding it and starting a new level with multiple doorway in the crystal room I will open a door and if it has a major module slot I'll place the tactical module then open a different door in the crystal room and make my way through there first, that way there is no need to worry about having the hero unman the tactical unit because he is safe in his quadrant so to speak. Your explorer should be higher level than your operator anyway and if your party consist os more than 2 heros it becomes relatively easy to leave said hero to man the tactical room.

Zigeye wrote:
Is there anywhere that shows the bonus you get from these? Or any additional stats like HP regen and such. I would love to SEE it on my heroes as the move from room to room or are or are not operating these modules. Thank you smiley: smile

What I do is usually have a hero's info box open before I place the tactical module and once placed you can see the dmg and dps increase occur which gives you an idea of the whole parties gain, same when I start having someone operate it then open a door, to see what said hero's wit increases the dmg & dps by.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 12:07:20 AM
Is there anywhere that shows the bonus you get from these? Or any additional stats like HP regen and such. I would love to SEE it on my heroes as the move from room to room or are or are not operating these modules. Thank you smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 19, 2014, 3:17:07 PM
Cause ya know, operation bonus stops when enemies come in the room and heroes start fighting them smiley: stickouttongue Is that intentional?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 19, 2014, 9:14:10 PM
ResonanceMask wrote:
I guess they also stack then?

Whelp, time to build a lot more defense and tactical modules than before <_< Maybe I'll actually get past floor 9 next time I get there

Yup!

A long time ago when I discovered they worked for the entire floor and stacked, my gameplay changed. ^^

Try to have 6 or 7 HUDs with the operational bots and at least one manned by Opbot or Mormish! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 19, 2014, 5:33:14 PM
I guess they also stack then?

Whelp, time to build a lot more defense and tactical modules than before <_< Maybe I'll actually get past floor 9 next time I get there
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 19, 2014, 5:26:25 PM
Yes, the major modules have an effect on the entire floor smiley: smile

You're right, we will be more precise in the tooltip!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 19, 2014, 4:21:39 PM
Trying to write tiny tooltips is a tricky thing - finding the right balance between too little and too much info.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 19, 2014, 4:06:59 PM
Wait wait whoa what

Tactical module gives bonus to whole floor? ._.; Well that would have been nice to know that "all heroes" meant all rooms...

Does same apply to lan module? I'm pretty sure it only gives bonus to modules in same room, but if I'm wrong... Wow, thats a game changer for me ._.; Again, would have been nice to know that. If lan module applies to only one room, then my point about why you can operate it stands..

But yeah, if the both apply to whole floor, I think game should be clearer about that so people don't make same silly mistake I did ^_^;
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 19, 2014, 4:01:47 PM
Think Warden Mornish: he has an ability that buffs other heroes while he isn't in the fight. So you have him in one room, behind the front lines, operating the module and using that buff, while Gork and Max fill the monsters with lead and Sara slices them to pieces.

The buff provided by the module should be "floor" not "room" (at least that is how it is meant to be), so the bonus provided affects targets outside the room of the module.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 19, 2014, 3:59:07 PM
Yeah, but.. Tactical's module whole point is making heroes stronger. Why it even can be operated when you can't use operation bonus due to heroes stopping operating while fighting? Same with lan module.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 19, 2014, 3:38:35 PM
Indeed, you have to place these modules in rooms without mob: the goal is to force you to split your team smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment