Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Losing is... enjoyable?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Aug 11, 2014, 5:48:05 PM
Trying out different character pairings and lesser used modules, I have been having a blast with Dungeon of the Endless. Only early access and the level of quality is phenomenal.

Even when I get overrun because I had to open just one more door instead of leaving for level 10, I keep coming back.

Just one more floor.

My compliments to all involved. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of what you have in store for us.

Just one more floor.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 12, 2014, 8:31:44 AM
LeonIsFreeTuesday wrote:
Trying out different character pairings and lesser used modules, I have been having a blast with Dungeon of the Endless. Only early access and the level of quality is phenomenal.

Even when I get overrun because I had to open just one more door instead of leaving for level 10, I keep coming back.

Just one more floor.

My compliments to all involved. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of what you have in store for us.

Just one more floor.

Hello and welcome on the forum! smiley: smile

Thanks for the positive feedback, it's really motivating us! smiley: approval

Cheers,
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 13, 2014, 1:29:02 AM
LeonIsFreeTuesday wrote:

Just one more floor.

Just one more floor.

Welcome!

Haha I know exactly what you mean, you definitely get addicted to the game and want to see what's behind that next door, even once the exit room is discovered and you know well that the mobs will start pouring in if you continue to open doors it can't be helped.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 13, 2014, 4:33:08 AM
Saylawl wrote:
Hello and welcome on the forum! smiley: smile

Thanks for the positive feedback, it's really motivating us! smiley: approval

Cheers,

A pleasure.

I have been gaming for a long time and Dungeon of the Endless has not only been quite impressive even before it is finished, but fun to play.

I love some of the small details and text that add to the atmosphere. The humor caught my attention, so I couldn't pass up the know-it-all professor (looking forward to the library).The strategy and resource management. There have been a few occasions where I have gambled too far in the wrong direction.

I have spent about 90 hours seeking the exit and I am sure I will be spending many, many more.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 13, 2014, 4:35:43 AM
DotBeta wrote:
Welcome!

Haha I know exactly what you mean, you definitely get addicted to the game and want to see what's behind that next door, even once the exit room is discovered and you know well that the mobs will start pouring in if you continue to open doors it can't be helped.

Thank you.

I do that all too often. I know I should leave, but no, the itch must be scratched.

What is behind that door? I could use a research crystal.

It has been some time since I have been this eager for the release of a game and I am grateful for the opportunity to have experienced it on its way to completion.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 13, 2014, 4:43:29 AM
Yeppers. I can't wait for co-op, it's gonna be a blast playing with other people and seeing how the strategies play out.

90 hours!? That's awesome, I've got maybe 35 poured into it smiley: wink.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 13, 2014, 7:00:42 AM
Yeah, just an estimate. My online with steam is around 40-50, but I have usually played offline until recently. I even grabbed the Endless Legend founder pack to get the bonuses for DotE.

That was a gamble, but I am stubborn and I am glad to say that it payed off. I have no experience with 4x games and my system specs were not quite on par with minimum requirements, but it does work and I will enjoy it when I can drag myself out of the dungeon.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment