Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Question about moving the crystal and room power

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Sep 2, 2014, 10:34:24 PM
Hi - new player and forum member.

The game is fantastic! But after a few runs I'm still having trouble predicting what exactly will happen to powered rooms when I move the crystal toward the exit. Maybe I'm just missing something simple and obvious, but so far, in the chaos I haven't been able to discern what governs how rooms power down as the crystal moves through the dungeon. Not being clear on which will stay powered and when they'll shut down makes it hard to plan for the rush to the exit. Any hints? Thanks!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 3, 2014, 4:02:32 AM
Hello fellow new forum member!

Powering down of rooms occur when you carry the crystal past a room. I can't test it at the moment, but I believe that if you, for example, move two rooms to the left from the start, as soon as your carrier passes that second room, all rooms up to two rooms away from the starting room depower. If you've got a powered room three or more rooms away to the right in this example, it will remain powered even if its not on your crystal runners route.

As your heroes and crystal runner hero will all be traveling on the same track (unless you're executing an unusual strategy), having some form of running defence along this route with modules is preferable to anywhere else. Dotting Autodocs and Nerostunners are quite good to give your heroes a slight health buff and to slow the mobs down.

Oh! And something else important to mention - if you're a second away from commiting to an exit run, pause the game and try to power as many rooms as possible in and splitting off from the start and the exit. If mobs are only chasing your tail instead of cutting you off, you'll have a much easier time (or a ludicrously easy time if you've got Sara with a Speed buff!)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 3, 2014, 4:05:19 AM
After you remove Power Crystal from its starting place (it's fixed in place at start of each level) you can no longer distrubute power, so you're stuck with where the power was distributed before you unpluged it. As you move Power Crystal towards the exit all rooms it'll leave BEHIND are being powered down. All rooms AHEAD it (between holder of the Power Crystal and the exit) are remaining powered up until you move past them (then they power down).
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 5, 2014, 1:02:48 PM
And now with the branch build having gone public all the answers are void smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 6, 2014, 5:51:14 AM
After your comment I checked this out. Interesting changes. I am looking forward to it, but these changes are not yet released.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 6, 2014, 11:29:06 AM
You can try them out though smiley: wink

I expect them to be realesed to the normal build soon.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 7, 2014, 3:14:22 PM
All doors are now opened in the Crystal phase? Oh man, ignore my original post haha!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 7, 2014, 4:14:03 PM
TeeMan wrote:
All doors are now opened in the Crystal phase? Oh man, ignore my original post haha!

That was a nasty surprise smiley: smile But rooms stay powered now, so the tower defense aspect gets strengthened and you can better prepare for the run.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 12, 2014, 3:28:25 PM
This information proves to be incorrect:

Added a tactical map: mouse wheel down to zoom out, then click or mouse wheel up over a room to zoom in. You can move and (un)power rooms in this mode

At least for Left Ctrl + Left Mouse Button combination. I can (un)power room via middle mouse button, but I prefer Left Ctrl + Left Mouse Button (due to how my mouse is constructed) and I can't do it, so I find myself zooming out and in just to power or unpower some rooms in old way.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment