Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

UI is too small at high resolution.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 13, 2014, 7:51:39 AM
I can't imagine that this hasn't been mentioned before but, Hey Devs, if you could add a way to scale the UI bigger then the current maximum it'd be great.

I like the game but its absolutely killing my eyes reading all the small print.

Thanks.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 13, 2014, 9:14:19 AM
Now that you mention it...

I imagine the tiny UI would be quite a strain on many people's eyes.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 13, 2014, 10:14:24 AM
Hi,

For our information, what is your screen resolution?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 13, 2014, 12:53:07 PM
Mine is 1920x1080. If I had trouble I would most likely be using a lower resolution, true.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2014, 1:35:52 PM
yeah for bigger UI i have to make changes in screen resolution to see comfortably
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2014, 6:28:39 PM
I run at 1680x1050 and don't really have any problems with the screen's UI, sure it's a bit small and the font is tiny, but I spend more time playing than reading. However, the character profile buttons are a bit small, maybe reshaping the profile button to take up the lower right corner in a triangular shape would make it easier to select profiles but still be able to select between characters with ease.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 15, 2014, 9:52:30 AM
theradol wrote:
I can't imagine that this hasn't been mentioned before but, Hey Devs, if you could add a way to scale the UI bigger then the current maximum it'd be great.

Actually, we have mentioned this on the FAQ:

Steph'nie wrote:
Font too small

We were discussing it following some of your comments on the forums. We will definitely look into it. We have already done it for our other game, Endless Legend (unreleased).

So yes, it is considered indeed. smiley: smile Until then, if you find it too difficult to access some parts of the interface, we are planning on adding shortcuts as well.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 28, 2014, 9:02:19 AM
Hi,

I was just wondering if bigger UI/font are still planned for this game?

At 1920x1080, I found that the UI is way to small.

At least it should be allowed to select a specific resolution, which does not appear to be the case.

Edit: I just found that if I set a lower resolution in Windows before launching the game, the resolution is kept in the game. This is a good work-around for the time being.

For my information, what should be effect of 3 resolutions options in the game menu? I don't see any difference hen switching between them.

Best regards
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 28, 2014, 10:53:12 AM
dragfly wrote:
Hi,

At 1920x1080, I found that the UI is way to small.

At least it should be allowed to select a specific resolution, which does not appear to be the case.

Edit: I just found that if I set a lower resolution in Windows before launching the game, the resolution is kept in the game. This is a good work-around for the time being.

For my information, what should be effect of 3 resolutions options in the game menu? I don't see any difference hen switching between them.

Best regards

Apparently Amplitude has no intention to give us the opportunity to launch the game at different resolutions.I quote from the FAQ:

"More resolutions planned?

We have nothing planned on that regard, so I doubt that we’ll change it. But we agree that we could look at a simple windowed mode."

I hope they will change idea 'cause I play the game only at 1600x900 not only because of the UI,I also don't like the way the game looks at 1080p.So I have to change my screen res every time which is not exactly ideal.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 29, 2014, 3:36:04 PM
theradol wrote:

I like the game but its absolutely killing my eyes reading all the small print.

Thanks.

I run on 1920x1200 and the size of the current UI is perfect to me.

A Customizable UI size option would a great Idea.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 30, 2014, 9:59:10 PM
SaucyJack wrote:
I hope they will change idea 'cause I play the game only at 1600x900 not only because of the UI,I also don't like the way the game looks at 1080p.So I have to change my screen res every time which is not exactly ideal.

Agreed, customization is key to any PC game, IMO. Although, I did play this on my 60" plasma with out any issue at all, not sure why everyone else is having troubles.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 5, 2014, 7:45:51 PM
I love that Endless Legend has a high-resolution UI mode for those of us with monitors over 1080p. Is a similar option in development for Dungeon of the Endless? 2560x1600 is pretty hard to see.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment